Zoom on the Firman H03651
In a nutshell, the Firman H03651 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Firman H03651 delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 3,650W and a peak wattage of 4,550W. When propane-powered, it has 3,300 rated watts and 4,100 peak watts.
With a noise rating of 67 dBA (less noisy than background music), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The running time of the H03651, with its 5 gallons fuel capacity, can reach around 14 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 11 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.43 GPH).
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the H03651 is not recommended due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Firman generator is RV Ready.
The design of the Firman H03651 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L24.7 x W21.8 x H21.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 119.5 pounds. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The H03651 and its control panel include a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Firman H03651's package also includes these accessories: funnel, propane hose, oil and tool kit.
The Firman H03651 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Firman H03651 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H03651 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- A weight of 119.5 lbs makes the Firman H03651 one of the heavier dual fuel devices in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN DF402iX, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 67 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- The H03651 provides a higher run time than similarly powerful dual fuel devices, reaching around 14 hours at 50% load. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.23 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Firman H03651 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (67 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (119.5 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||208 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,650 W||3,300 W|
|Starting watts||4,550 W||4,100 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps||27.5 amps|
|Peak amps||37.9 amps||34.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.7 x 21.8 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||67 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H03651 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2892 W||3892 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2890 W||3480 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
How much oil does it take? (Asked December 14, 2019)
The oil capacity is 20.3 oz.
When connecting this generator to propane with the supplied hose,.....do I just connect the propane tank with the hose to the generator? Is the propane regulator built into the generator? Or do I need to buy a separate regulator? Thank you. (Asked December 10, 2020)
The regulator is included with the LPG hose.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.