Zoom on the Firman H03651
In a nutshell, the Firman H03651 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Firman H03651 provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3650W along with a peak wattage of 4550W. While propane-powered, it provides 3300 rated watts and 4100 starting watts.
The generator is rated for a noise of 67 dBA (less noisy than background music). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The H03651, with a fuel capacity of 5 gallons, reaches a run time of around 14 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 11 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.43 GPH) with propane.
The H03651 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<25%).
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Firman generator is RV Ready.
The dimensions of the Firman H03651, which are L24.7 x W21.8 x H21.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 119.5 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The H03651's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Firman H03651 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, propane hose, funnel and oil.
The Firman H03651 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Firman H03651 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Firman H03651 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a weight of 119.5 pounds, the Firman H03651 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 67 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Cummins Onan P4500i with only 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 14 hours at 50% load, the H03651 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Firman H03651 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (119.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (67 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||208 cc Firman Max-Pro Series OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3650 W||3300 W|
|Starting watts||4550 W||4100 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps||27.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.9 amps||34.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.7 x 21.8 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||67 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About FIRMAN Power Equipment
Founded in 1999, Firman Power Equipment is a company with a short, but established history in the power equipment industry. Based in Arizona, the company offers an immense range of products, including power tools, automotive equipment, storage utilities, work wear, but most importantly, a wide selection of generators of all sizes, designs and outputs. Interestingly, Firman is a wholly owned subsidiary of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation - a somewhat well renowned company in China and acts as a de facto distributor of their products in the US.
The Firman H03651 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Firman generators, please consult Firman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-FIRMAN1 (844-347-6261).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2892 W||3892 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2890 W||3480 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
How much oil does it take? (Asked December 14, 2019)
The oil capacity is 20.3 oz.
When connecting this generator to propane with the supplied hose,.....do I just connect the propane tank with the hose to the generator? Is the propane regulator built into the generator? Or do I need to buy a separate regulator? Thank you. (Asked December 10, 2020)
The regulator is included with the LPG hose.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.