Zoom on the Energizer eZV8000
In summary, the Energizer eZV8000 is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV8000 is powered by a 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 6500W as well as a peak wattage of 8000W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher).
The eZV8000 can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons.
The eZV8000 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, because the eZV8000 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The Energizer eZV8000 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28 x W28 x H30 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 194 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The eZV8000's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Energizer eZV8000 also comes with some accessories: tool kit, oil and funnel are included.
The Energizer eZV8000 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV8000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV8000 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- With a dry weight of 194 pounds, the Energizer eZV8000 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 6000 and 7000 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 76 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Powerhorse 7500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 55 dBA.
- Offering up to 15.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the eZV8000 is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WH7500v, with up to 18 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Energizer eZV8000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (194 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||8000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV8000CD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV8000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.