Zoom on the Energizer eZV8000
In summary, the Energizer eZV8000 is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV8000's design includes a gasoline-fueled 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6500W and also a peak wattage of 8000W.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons, the eZV8000 can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV8000 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the eZV8000 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L28 x W28 x H30 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Energizer eZV8000 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 194 lbs. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The eZV8000's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Energizer eZV8000's package also includes these accessories: funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Energizer eZV8000 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV8000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV8000 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 194 lbs, the Energizer eZV8000 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 6000 and 7000 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- Because this inverter generator emits noise as low as 76 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powerhorse 7500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 55 dBA.
- The eZV8000, offering a run time of up to 15.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WH7500v, which is able to run for up to 18 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Energizer eZV8000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (194 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||8000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV8000CD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV8000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5190 W||5780 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
Who performance the warranty work on this unit ? You respond is greater appreciated (Asked March 02, 2021)
See this page (opens in a new tab) to find a service center near you.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.