Zoom on the Energizer eZV8000
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV8000 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV8000's engine, 420 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6,500W and reaches a peak wattage of 8,000W.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons, the eZV8000 can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH).
As the eZV8000 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the eZV8000 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The design of the Energizer eZV8000 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L28 x W28 x H30 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 194 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its set of wheels and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The eZV8000 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV8000 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit.
The Energizer eZV8000 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV8000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV8000 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As its weight is 194 pounds, the Energizer eZV8000 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 6000-7000 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, weighing just 133 pounds.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- The eZV8000, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 15.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen6000, reaching up to 18 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV8000 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (194 lbs)
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6,500 W|
|Starting watts||8,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV8000CD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV8000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
What does overload surcharge mean? (Asked November 18, 2021)
The Overload/Surcharge indicator lights up when the unit is overloaded, which means when you are drawing more than 6500W. It may also light up if there is a problem with connected appliances.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.