Zoom on the Energizer eZV8000
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV8000 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV8000's engine, 420 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6500W and reaches a peak wattage of 8000W.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the eZV8000 can operate for up to 15.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons.
The eZV8000 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, because the eZV8000 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The Energizer eZV8000 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28 x W28 x H30 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 194 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of wheels and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The eZV8000's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV8000 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit.
The Energizer eZV8000 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV8000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV8000 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- At a weight of 194 pounds, the Energizer eZV8000 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 76 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Powerhorse 7500i. With just 55 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The eZV8000, offering a run time of up to 15.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen6000, as it provides up to 18 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Energizer eZV8000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (194 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||8000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV8000CD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV8000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
Who performance the warranty work on this unit ? You respond is greater appreciated (Asked March 02, 2021)
See this page (opens in a new tab) to find a service center near you.
Does it have EFI (Asked August 23, 2021)
The unit is carbureted.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.