Zoom on the Energizer eZV7500
In summary, the Energizer eZV7500 is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV7500's build contains a gasoline-fueled 420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6500W and also a peak wattage of 7500W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons allows the eZV7500 to operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH).
The eZV7500 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel includes the following 7 AC outlets:
This Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, since the eZV7500 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The Energizer eZV7500 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28 x W28.1 x H30 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 190 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The eZV7500's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Energizer eZV7500's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZV7500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV7500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV7500 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- At a weight of 190 pounds, the Energizer eZV7500 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 76 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 59 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the eZV7500, reaching up to 15.5 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen6000, with up to 18 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.2 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28.1 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV7500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.