Zoom on the Energizer eZV7500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV7500 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV7500's design includes a gasoline-fueled 420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6500W and also a peak wattage of 7500W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
The eZV7500 can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV7500 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the eZV7500 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Energizer eZV7500 has the following dimensions: L28 x W28.1 x H30 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 190 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The eZV7500's control center features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Energizer eZV7500 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZV7500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV7500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV7500 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- As its weight is 190 pounds, the Energizer eZV7500 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 6000-7000 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF with only 133 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 76 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Powerhorse 7500i. With just 55 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The eZV7500, offering a run time of up to 15.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WH7500v, reaching up to 18 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the Energizer eZV7500 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.2 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28.1 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV7500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4790 W||7490 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.