Zoom on the Energizer eZV7500
In summary, the Energizer eZV7500 is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV7500 houses a 420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 6500W along with a peak wattage of 7500W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the eZV7500 can operate for up to 15.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the eZV7500 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. Its L5-30R receptacle can also be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. In addition, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the eZV7500 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L28 x W28.1 x H30 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Energizer eZV7500 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 190 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of wheels and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The eZV7500 and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual to get you promptly started, the Energizer eZV7500 also comes with some accessories: tool kit and funnel are included.
The Energizer eZV7500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV7500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV7500 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- At a weight of 190 pounds, the Energizer eZV7500 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powerhorse 7500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 55 dBA.
- The eZV7500, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 15.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen6000, as it provides up to 18 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV7500 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- Decent run time
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.2 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28.1 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV7000AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV7500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4790 W||7490 W|
where can I get parts easily. Impossible to order of energizer web site (Asked September 12, 2022)
It does seem that they only sell replacement batteries for this unit. You may try to give them a call: 1-877-528-3772, or have better luck with one of your nearest Energizer service centers (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.