Zoom on the Energizer eZV7500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV7500 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV7500's core is the 420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6500W and a peak wattage of 7500W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons, the eZV7500 can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH).
As the eZV7500 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
While this Energizer generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the eZV7500 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The design of the Energizer eZV7500 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L28 x W28.1 x H30 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 190 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The eZV7500's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Energizer eZV7500's package also includes these accessories: tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZV7500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV7500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV7500 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 190 lbs, the Energizer eZV7500 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 6000 to 7000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Lifan LF7250, weighing just 140 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 76 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 59 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with 15.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the eZV7500 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen6000, with 18 hours .
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (76 dBA)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6500 W|
|Starting watts||7500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.2 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28.1 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV7500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.