Zoom on the Energizer eZV7500
In summary, the Energizer eZV7500 is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV7500's engine, 420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6,500W and reaches a peak wattage of 7,500W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
The fuel capacity of 5.5 gallons allows the eZV7500 to operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.35 GPH).
As the eZV7500 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Energizer unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. Its L5-30R receptacle can also be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. In addition, as the eZV7500 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Energizer eZV7500 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L28 x W28.1 x H30 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 190 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its set of wheels and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
To help you monitor the eZV7500's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Energizer eZV7500 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZV7500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV7500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV7500 compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- At a weight of 190 pounds, the Energizer eZV7500 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powerhorse 7500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 55 dBA.
- The eZV7500, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 15.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen6000, as it provides up to 18 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.35 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV7500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (190 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6,500 W|
|Starting watts||7,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.2 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||5.5 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 28.1 x 30 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV7000AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV7500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5192 W||6667 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5180 W||5600 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4790 W||7490 W|
where can I get parts easily. Impossible to order of energizer web site (Asked September 12, 2022)
It does seem that they only sell replacement batteries for this unit. You may try to give them a call: 1-877-528-3772, or have better luck with one of your nearest Energizer service centers (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.