Zoom on the Energizer eZV4800
In summary, the Energizer eZV4800 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4800's design includes a gasoline-fueled 223 cc 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3,600W and also a peak wattage of 4,800W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons, the eZV4800 may run for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The eZV4800 generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Even if this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The Energizer eZV4800 has the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the eZV4800's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, the generator’s mobility is also improved by its open frame design, as it can be easily grabbed and shifted.
Monitoring of the eZV4800's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Energizer eZV4800's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The Energizer eZV4800 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4800 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4800 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Energizer eZV4800 weighs just 78 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 3500 to 4500 rated wattage inverter generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 70 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The eZV4800's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 11.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman W03661OF, with up to 25 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Champion 200988, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.16 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV4800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,600 W|
|Starting watts||4,800 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peak amps||40 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV4800AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2877 W||3877 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2050 W||4750 W|
In the features & specifications they said that it's not RV ready why. (Asked July 08, 2020)
"Not RV-ready" simply means that the unit does not have a TT-30R outlet. Feel free to read our definition of RV-Ready for more info.
Can ezv 4800 invert power from battery pack (Asked April 16, 2021)
The unit is designed to run on gasoline, not from a battery. To invert power from a battery pack, you'd need a power inverter, not an inverter generator.
what kind of oil should be used? (Asked October 15, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.