Zoom on the Energizer eZV4800
In summary, the Energizer eZV4800 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4800 is powered by a 223 cc 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3600W as well as a peak wattage of 4800W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the eZV4800 can operate for up to 11.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons.
The eZV4800 generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
While this Energizer generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Energizer eZV4800 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the eZV4800's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, grabbing and moving this product is made even easier by its open frame design.
The control panel of the eZV4800 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Energizer eZV4800 comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) needed to get you promptly started.
The Energizer eZV4800 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4800 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4800 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Energizer eZV4800 has only 78 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 70 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Cummins Onan P4500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the eZV4800, with an autonomy of up to 11.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen3600DF, boasting with up to 18 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.14 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Energizer eZV4800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4800 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||40 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV4800AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2867 W||3867 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||2050 W||4750 W|
In the features & specifications they said that it's not RV ready why. (Asked July 08, 2020)
"Not RV-ready" simply means that the unit does not have a TT-30R outlet. Feel free to read our definition of RV-Ready for more info.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.