Zoom on the Energizer eZV4800
In summary, the Energizer eZV4800 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4800 houses a 223 cc 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3600W along with a peak wattage of 4800W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a vacuum cleaner), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons, the eZV4800 may run for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV4800 produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
With its dimensions of L18 x W17 x H21 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Energizer eZV4800 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 78 lbs of the eZV4800's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
One of the many eZV4800's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Energizer eZV4800's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start it right off the bat.
The Energizer eZV4800 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4800 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4800 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Energizer eZV4800 stands at only 78 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 3500-4500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 70 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Cummins Onan P4500i. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 11.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the eZV4800 falls into the low end in comparison with other inverters of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman W03661OF, with up to 25 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Champion 200988. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.16 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV4800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4800 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peak amps||40 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV4800AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2867 W||4367 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2050 W||4750 W|
In the features & specifications they said that it's not RV ready why. (Asked July 08, 2020)
"Not RV-ready" simply means that the unit does not have a TT-30R outlet. Feel free to read our definition of RV-Ready for more info.
Can ezv 4800 invert power from battery pack (Asked April 16, 2021)
The unit is designed to run on gasoline, not from a battery. To invert power from a battery pack, you'd need a power inverter, not an inverter generator.
what kind of oil should be used? (Asked October 15, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.