ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 15
Zoom on the Energizer eZV4800
In summary, the Energizer eZV4800 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4800's engine, 223 cc 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3,600W and reaches a peak wattage of 4,800W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a dishwasher). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the eZV4800 can operate for up to 11.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the eZV4800 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Energizer generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Energizer eZV4800 has the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the eZV4800's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, grabbing and moving this product is made even easier by its open frame design.
A digital data center, one of the features of the eZV4800's control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Energizer eZV4800 also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), allowing you to start it right away.
The Energizer eZV4800 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4800 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4800 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Energizer eZV4800 only weighs in at 78 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter inverter generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 70 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 11.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the eZV4800 is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman W03661OF, with up to 25 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 25% load is around 0.28 GPH. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.16 GPH, the Champion 200988 is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV4800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,600 W|
|Starting watts||4,800 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peak amps||40 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV4800AD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2867 W||4367 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||2050 W||4750 W|
In the features & specifications they said that it's not RV ready why. (Asked July 08, 2020)
"Not RV-ready" simply means that the unit does not have a TT-30R outlet. Feel free to read our definition of RV-Ready for more info.
Can ezv 4800 invert power from battery pack (Asked April 16, 2021)
The unit is designed to run on gasoline, not from a battery. To invert power from a battery pack, you'd need a power inverter, not an inverter generator.
what kind of oil should be used? (Asked October 15, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.
I do not recommend this product.