This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Energizer eZV4800. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Energizer eZV4500
In summary, the Energizer eZV4500 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4500's engine, 224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3600W and reaches a peak wattage of 4500W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a dishwasher).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons, the eZV4500 can operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The eZV4500 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even though this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
With its dimensions of L18 x W17 x H21 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Energizer eZV4500 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 78 lbs of the eZV4500's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, the open frame of the generator further helps when holding and moving it to a different place.
Monitoring of the eZV4500's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and the oil level is too low.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Energizer eZV4500 is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helping you start the device right away.
The Energizer eZV4500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Energizer eZV4500 only weighs in at 78 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 70 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cummins Onan P4500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- The eZV4500’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 11.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200954, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.14 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2877 W||3877 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.