This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Energizer eZV4800. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Energizer eZV4500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV4500 is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4500's engine, 224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3600W and reaches a peak wattage of 4500W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a dishwasher).
With a full tank, the eZV4500 can operate for up to 11.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons.
The eZV4500 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Energizer generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Energizer eZV4500 has the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the eZV4500's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
One of the many eZV4500's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Energizer eZV4500 comes with the usual documentation and owner's manual needed to get you promptly started.
The Energizer eZV4500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Energizer eZV4500 weighs just 78 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 3500 to 4500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 70 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cummins Onan P4500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the eZV4500, with an autonomy of up to 11.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200954, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.14 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
The bottom line
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2867 W||3867 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.