This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Energizer eZV4800. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Energizer eZV4500
In summary, the Energizer eZV4500 is a compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4500's design includes a gasoline-fueled 224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3600W and also a peak wattage of 4500W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a dishwasher). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons allows the eZV4500 to operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The eZV4500 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even if this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The dimensions of the Energizer eZV4500, which are L18 x W17 x H21 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
With a dry weight of 78 lbs, the eZV4500 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, the generator’s mobility is also improved by its open frame design, as it can be easily grabbed and shifted.
To help you monitor the eZV4500's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Energizer eZV4500 also comes with the basic documentation and an owner's manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The Energizer eZV4500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Energizer eZV4500 has only 78 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 70 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Cummins Onan P4500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- The eZV4500’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 11.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen3600DF, boasting with up to 18 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.14 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
The bottom line
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2867 W||4367 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2860 W||3450 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.