Zoom on the Energizer eZV4500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV4500 is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4500 is powered by a 224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3600W as well as a peak wattage of 4500W.
With a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons, the eZV4500 can operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the eZV4500 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even if this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The Energizer eZV4500 has the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the eZV4500's weight is only 78 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
To help you monitor the eZV4500's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the Energizer eZV4500's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The Energizer eZV4500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Energizer eZV4500 stands at only 78 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 3500-4500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 70 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Westinghouse iGen4500, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the eZV4500, reaching up to 11.5 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen3600DF, boasting with up to 18 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 25% load is around 0.28 GPH. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen4200, with a fuel consumption of 0.14 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.