Zoom on the Energizer eZV4500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV4500 is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV4500's core is the 224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3600W and a peak wattage of 4500W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 3.2 gallons, the eZV4500 may run for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.28 GPH).
The eZV4500 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even if this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
The Energizer eZV4500 has the following dimensions: L18 x W17 x H21 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
The eZV4500 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 78 lbs. In addition, it is even easier to grab and move the generator around thanks to its open frame design.
One of the many eZV4500's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Energizer eZV4500's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Energizer eZV4500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Energizer eZV4500 weighs just 78 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 3500 to 4500 rated wattage generators.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 70 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Westinghouse iGen4500, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the eZV4500, with an autonomy of 11.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen3600DF, boasting with 18 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.28 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.14 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Lightweight for its kind (78 lbs)
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (70 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3600 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||3.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18 x 17 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.