Zoom on the Energizer eZV3500P
In summary, the Energizer eZV3500P is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3500P's core is the 212 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3,000W and a peak wattage of 3,500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (INVEZVPLKIT (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 57 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the eZV3500P can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon, the eZV3500P may run for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV3500P produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 3 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even if this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
As the Energizer eZV3500P is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the eZV3500P's weight is only 96 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle.
To help you monitor the eZV3500P's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV3500P also is packed along with the following accessories: battery charging cables, funnel, tool kit and key fob.
The Energizer eZV3500P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3500P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3500P compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a weight of 96 pounds, the Energizer eZV3500P places in the expected weight range of the inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 57 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The eZV3500P provides a higher run time than similarly powerful inverters, reaching up to 15.5 hours at 25% load. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200914, reaching up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV3500P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (57 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
The Energizer eZV3500P doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,000 W|
|Starting watts||3,500 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 5A receptacle
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||57 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Other model numbers||INVEZV3500PD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3500P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2392 W||3392 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2380 W||2800 W|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
I need to know about the battery of this inverter. I bought one Energizer inverter ezv3500p in 2021, the battery is damage and I can't find it Puerto Rico, USA. Help me. I feel that I lost my money with this inverter. (Asked February 08, 2023)
Battery part number is 101-183. It can be purchased directly from energizergenerators.com part store (opens in a new tab). If they do not ship to PR, you may want to use a service such as MyUS (opens in a new tab) to get it shipped there.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.