Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200RV
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV3200RV is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200RV houses a 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 2800W along with a peak wattage of 3200W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the eZV3200RV can also be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon, the eZV3200RV can operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the eZV3200RV generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This Energizer generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Energizer eZV3200RV's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 96 lbs of the eZV3200RV's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. In addition, with a wheel kit and a folding handle, it may be displaced with ease, once placed the floor.
The eZV3200RV's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Energizer eZV3200RV also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and key fob.
The Energizer eZV3200RV is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200RV versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200RV compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 96 lbs, the Energizer eZV3200RV belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Honda EG2800i, with a dry weight of only 66.6 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the eZV3200RV boasts with a run time of 15.5 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with 20 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle |
2x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Key fob, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200RV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.