Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200RV
In summary, the Energizer eZV3200RV is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200RV's core is the 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2800W and a peak wattage of 3200W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). To add further convenience, the eZV3200RV can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the eZV3200RV can operate for up to 15.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV3200RV produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 5A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Energizer generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in), the Energizer eZV3200RV, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The eZV3200RV's dry weight of 96 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Moreover, its wheel kit and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the eZV3200RV includes a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Energizer eZV3200RV's package also includes these accessories: key fob, tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZV3200RV is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200RV versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200RV compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 96 pounds, the Energizer eZV3200RV falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- With a run time of up to 15.5 hours at 25% load, the eZV3200RV has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, as it provides up to 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient units within its wattage category.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Energizer eZV3200RV is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
- No parallel ports
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle |
2x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200RV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.