Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200P
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV3200P is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200P's engine, 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,200W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (INVEZVPLKIT (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the eZV3200P can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the eZV3200P can operate for up to 15.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon.
As the eZV3200P produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even though this Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Energizer eZV3200P's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 96 lbs, the eZV3200P can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
To help you monitor the eZV3200P's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Energizer eZV3200P also comes with some accessories: funnel, tool kit, battery charging cables and key fob are included.
The Energizer eZV3200P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200P compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 96 pounds, the Energizer eZV3200P falls in the expected weight range of the inverters in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering up to 15.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the eZV3200P is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV3200P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
- Decent run time
The Energizer eZV3200P doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,800 W|
|Starting watts||3,200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Other model numbers||INVEZI32PERD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1692 W||3192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.