Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200P
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV3200P is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200P's engine, 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3200W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (eZV parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the eZV3200P can also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon, the eZV3200P may run for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
As the eZV3200P produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Energizer generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The Energizer eZV3200P is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 96 lbs of the eZV3200P's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible with a wheel kit and a folding handle.
The control panel of the eZV3200P includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV3200P also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, battery charging cables, funnel and key fob.
The Energizer eZV3200P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200P compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 96 pounds, the Energizer eZV3200P falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Honda EG2800i, standing at just 66.6 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- As the eZV3200P features an autonomy of 15.5 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with 20 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Energizer eZV3200P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
Where to buy the Energizer eZV3200P?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.