Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200P
In summary, the Energizer eZV3200P is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200P's core is the 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2800W and a peak wattage of 3200W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (eZV parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the eZV3200P can also be remotely started (key fob included).
With a fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon, the eZV3200P may run for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
As the eZV3200P produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely. This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Energizer generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in), the Energizer eZV3200P, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 96 lbs, the eZV3200P can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the eZV3200P's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV3200P also is packed along with the following accessories: battery charging cables, funnel, key fob and tool kit.
The Energizer eZV3200P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200P compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 96 lbs, the Energizer eZV3200P belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Generac GP3300i, weighing just 59.5 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The eZV3200P, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 15.5 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Energizer eZV3200P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
- Decent run time
The Energizer eZV3200P doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Other model numbers||INVEZI32PERD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.