-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 27
Zoom on the Energizer eZV3200P
In summary, the Energizer eZV3200P is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV3200P's design includes a gasoline-fueled 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2,800W and also a peak wattage of 3,200W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (INVEZVPLKIT (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the eZV3200P can be remotely started (key fob included).
The fuel capacity of 1.95 gallon allows the eZV3200P to operate for up to 15.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV3200P produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Energizer generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.8 x W16.7 x H17.5 in), the Energizer eZV3200P, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the eZV3200P's weight is only 96 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
The eZV3200P and its control panel include a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Energizer eZV3200P also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables and funnel.
The Energizer eZV3200P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV3200P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV3200P compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 96 lbs, the Energizer eZV3200P belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, standing at just 46 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering up to 15.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the eZV3200P is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Energizer eZV3200P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (96 lbs)
- Decent run time
The Energizer eZV3200P doesn't have any notably low specs.
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,800 W|
|Starting watts||3,200 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||26.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7.7 h|
|Run time @25% load||15.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.95 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.8 x 16.7 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Other model numbers||INVEZI32PERD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV3200P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2192 W||3192 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Total||2080 W||3180 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.