Zoom on the Energizer eZV2000S
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZV2000S is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV2000S's build contains a gasoline-fueled 79 cc (2.7 hp) Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W.
At a noise rating of 50 dBA (just as noisy as a refrigerator), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The eZV2000S can operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV2000S produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the Energizer eZV2000S is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20.1 x W11 x H17.7 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the eZV2000S weighs just 44 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the generator is on overload, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV2000S also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and tool kit.
The Energizer eZV2000S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV2000S versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV2000S compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Energizer eZV2000S has only 44 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 50 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Given that the eZV2000S reaches an autonomy of 11.5 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Energizer eZV2000S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Lightweight (44 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (50 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Where to buy the Energizer eZV2000S?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle |
2x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||0.9 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20.1 x 11 x 17.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||50 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV2000S is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.