Zoom on the Energizer eZV2000P
In summary, the Energizer eZV2000P is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZV2000P is powered by a 79 cc (2.7 hp) Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1600W as well as a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (eZV parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Presented in our list of the 10 quietest portable generators for its low noise rating of 50 dBA (just as noisy as a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The eZV2000P can operate for up to 11.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the eZV2000P produces a clean sine wave, with a <2% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD). This low THD is achieved thanks to Energizer’s Dual Wave Technology, which controls both voltage and current for a pure sine wave output, under any load.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 5A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The Energizer eZV2000P is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L20.1 x W11 x H17.7 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Weighing just 44 lbs, the eZV2000P can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZV2000P also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and tool kit.
The Energizer eZV2000P is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Energizer eZV2000P versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZV2000P compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Energizer eZV2000P only weighs in at 44 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 50 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The eZV2000P, offering a run time of up to 11.5 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (44 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (50 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||79 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||11.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 5A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.1 x 11 x 17.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||50 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZV2000P is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.