Zoom on the Energizer eZG3500
In a nutshell, the Energizer eZG3500 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZG3500's engine, 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 3000W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The eZG3500 can operate for up to 19.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4.2 gallons.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
With its dimensions of L25.6 x W23.6 x H21.9 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Energizer eZG3500 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 117 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
When the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Energizer eZG3500 also comes with some accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Energizer eZG3500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Energizer eZG3500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZG3500 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 117 lbs, the Energizer eZG3500 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Honda EG2800i, with a dry weight of just 66.6 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 76 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- As the eZG3500 features an autonomy of 19.5 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with 20 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.22 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Decent weight (117 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Energizer eZG3500?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||25/12.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||19.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||4.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.6 x 23.6 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Accessories included||Funnel, oil and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZG3500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.