Zoom on the Energizer eZG3500
In summary, the Energizer eZG3500 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZG3500's engine, 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 3000W and reaches a peak wattage of 3500W.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 4.2 gallons allows the eZG3500 to operate for up to 19.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the eZG3500 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The Energizer eZG3500 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L25.6 x W23.6 x H21.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 117 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The device’s light indicator will display if its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZG3500 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Energizer eZG3500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Energizer eZG3500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZG3500 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 117 lbs, the Energizer eZG3500 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Generac GP3300i, with a dry weight of just 59.5 pounds.
- As this generator has its lowest possible noise of 76 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- With a run time of up to 19.5 hours at 25% load, the eZG3500 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 200954, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.22 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Energizer eZG3500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Decent weight (117 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||25/12.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||19.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||4.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.6 x 23.6 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZG3500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2397 W||3397 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2390 W||2980 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.