Zoom on the Energizer eZG3500
In summary, the Energizer eZG3500 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZG3500 houses a 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3000W along with a peak wattage of 3500W.
With a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 4.2 gallons, the eZG3500 may run for up to 19.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Because the eZG3500 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The design of the Energizer eZG3500 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L25.6 x W23.6 x H21.9 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 117 lbs. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
When the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Energizer eZG3500 also comes with some accessories: funnel, tool kit and oil are included.
The Energizer eZG3500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Energizer eZG3500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZG3500 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 117 pounds, the Energizer eZG3500 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 76 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Since the eZG3500 boasts with a run time of up to 19.5 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with up to 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.22 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3200P is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Energizer eZG3500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Decent weight (117 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||25/12.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||19.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||4.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.6 x 23.6 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZG3500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2020 W||3495 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2380 W||2800 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.