Zoom on the Energizer eZG3500
In summary, the Energizer eZG3500 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Energizer eZG3500's build contains a gasoline-fueled 208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 3000W and also a peak wattage of 3500W.
At a noise rating of 76 dBA (less noisy than a shower), the generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 4.2 gallons, the eZG3500 may run for up to 19.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
The Energizer eZG3500 has the following dimensions: L25.6 x W23.6 x H21.9 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 117 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Energizer eZG3500 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Energizer eZG3500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Energizer eZG3500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Energizer eZG3500 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 117 lbs, the Energizer eZG3500 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 76 dBA can be judged as noisy. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the eZG3500 boasts with a run time of up to 19.5 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with up to 20 hours .
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.22 GPH at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3200P is a device you should look out for.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Decent weight (117 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- No spark arrestor
- On the noisy side (76 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Energizer OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3000 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||25/12.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||19.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||4.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||25.6 x 23.6 x 21.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||76 dBA|
|Accessories included||Funnel, oil and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1896, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is most well known as an American battery manufacturer, namely of Energizer, Varta, Rayovac and Eveready batteries. However, throughout its history, Energizer has worked in many industries, including power generators. The Energizer Brands LLC’s, (a subsidiary of Energizer Holdings, Inc.) power generator selection includes mostly portable generators of both the conventional and inverted design. All Energizer generators are designed and supported in North America, while their production is outsourced overseas.
The Energizer eZG3500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Energizer generators, please contact the Energizer Customer Support: 1-877-528-3772.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.