Zoom on the ECHO EGi-2300
In a nutshell, the ECHO EGi-2300 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The ECHO EGi-2300's design includes a gasoline-fueled 80 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1,800W and also a peak wattage of 2,300W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (99988804002 parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 57 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon allows the EGi-2300 to operate for around 5.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.22 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the EGi-2300 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L21 x W13 x H18 in), the ECHO EGi-2300, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
As the EGi-2300's weight is only 55 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
One of the many EGi-2300's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the remaining run time, fuel level and power output and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The EGi-2300 also benefits from ECHO’s COntrol™ carbon monoxide detection. This system monitors the accumulation of CO gas while the generator is running and will shut off the engine if the levels become dangerously high.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the ECHO EGi-2300 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil, funnel and tool kit.
ECHO’s COMMAND™ app lets you pair your smartphone with your EGi-2300 inverter generator. It allows you to always know exactly what is going on and to make adjustments when needed, so that everything keeps running without unexpected power loss.
Using Bluetooth technology, the generator communicates with the COMMAND™ app (available on iOS (opens in a new tab) and Android (opens in a new tab) devices) to conveniently monitor power consumption, fuel level, remaining runtime, and even remotely shut off your generator directly from your smartphone.
The information displayed within the COMMAND™ App is identical to the information displayed on the LCD screen of the EGi-2300. Moreover, the COMMAND™ app also supports parallel operation.
The ECHO EGi-2300 is CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The ECHO EGi-2300 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the ECHO EGi-2300 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a dry weight of 55 pounds, the ECHO EGi-2300 is one of the heavier inverters which can produce between 1500 and 2500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 57 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- The EGi-2300's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only around 5.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse iGen2200, as it provides around 10 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.22 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.11 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the ECHO EGi-2300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- COntrol™ technology
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- COMMAND™ App
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (57 dBA)
- No electric start
- On the heavy side (55 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|80 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|2x 5V USB port
|Power output, fuel level and remaining run time
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|21 x 13 x 18 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, and tool kit
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
ECHO Incorporated was founded in 1972 in Northbrook, IL as the Kioritz Corporation of America. In 1978, the name was changed to its current form. While it is the largest subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan, its US headquarters is located in Lake Zurich, IL, near Chicago. ECHO manufactures most of its products in the US, with parts from both domestic and foreign suppliers. Its wide range of outdoor power products includes portable generators, pressure washers, trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws. The company prides itself on a pro-environmental approach including the three segments of technology, conservation, and sustainability.
The ECHO EGi-2300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of ECHO generators, please consult ECHO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.