-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 1
Zoom on the DuroMax XP7500X
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP7500X is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The DuroMax XP7500X's core is the 274 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6,500W and a peak wattage of 7,500W.
At a noise rating of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 5.3 gallons, the XP7500X can operate for up to 18 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.29 GPH).
The quite high THD (<12%) of the XP7500X makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
As the XP7500X holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The DuroMax XP7500X has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27 x W21 x H20 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 146 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The XP7500X's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
The XP7500X also benefits from DuroMax’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown. If CO levels become unsafe or rapidly increase, the generator will automatically shut down, an indicator will light red, and the engine will not restart for 5 minutes.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the DuroMax XP7500X also comes with some accessories: tool kit and oil are included.
The DuroMax XP7500X is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP7500X versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP7500X compare to generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the DuroMax XP7500X only weighs in at 146 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA7600iED, weighing just 130 pounds.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 70 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 18 hours at 25% load, the XP7500X benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP8500EH, boasting with up to 25 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.29 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6000-7000W generators, the DuroMax XP7500X is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (146 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (70 dBA)
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||274 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||6,500 W|
|Starting watts||7,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||54.2/27.1 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||18 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Fuel tank||5.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 21 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||70 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP7500X is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5192 W||6192 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5195 W||5785 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||4790 W||7490 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.