Zoom on the DuroMax XP7500DX
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP7500DX is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the DuroMax XP7500DX delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 6,500W and a peak wattage of 7,500W. When propane-powered, it has 6,175 rated watts and 7,125 peak watts.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 70 dBA (just as noisy as a shower).
The XP7500DX, with a fuel capacity of 5.3 gallons, reaches a run time of up to 18 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.53 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 10 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.47 GPH) with propane.
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the XP7500DX is not recommended due to its relatively high THD (<12%).
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (USB-A) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
Since the XP7500DX bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The DuroMax XP7500DX has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27 x W21 x H20 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 148 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The XP7500DX and its control panel include a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
The XP7500DX also benefits from DuroMax’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown. If CO levels become unsafe or rapidly increase, the generator will automatically shut down, an indicator will light red, and the engine will not restart for 5 minutes.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the DuroMax XP7500DX, the following accessories are also included: oil, propane hose and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP7500DX is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP7500DX versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP7500DX compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 6000 and 7000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the DuroMax XP7500DX only weighs in at 148 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter dual fuel generators in the 6000-7000 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO with only 118 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 70 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Champion 201175, whose lowest noise levels reach just 61 dBA.
- The XP7500DX, offering a run time of around 10 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP8500EH, reaching around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.53 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.42 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 6000-7000W dual fuel generators, the DuroMax XP7500DX is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (148 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (70 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|274 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|27 x 21 x 20 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, tool kit, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP7500DX is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|Electric fence (25 miles)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.