Zoom on the DuroMax XP2300iH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP2300iH allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 1800W and a starting wattage of 2300W. If propane-powered, it gives 1700 rated watts and 2150 starting watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The running time of the XP2300iH, with its 1.1 gallon fuel capacity, can reach around 6.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). With propane, it can reach around 18 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.26 GPH).
The XP2300iH generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
While this DuroMax generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
As the DuroMax XP2300iH is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W14 x H20 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the XP2300iH's weight is only 50.6 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
To help you monitor the XP2300iH's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours, voltage, fuel level, power output and frequency.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the DuroMax XP2300iH's package also includes these accessories: propane hose, tool kit and funnel.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2300iH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2300iH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 50.6 pounds, the DuroMax XP2300iH finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Champion 200949, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- The XP2300iH, offering a run time of around 6.5 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.11 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2300iH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.6 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||79.8 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W||2150 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.2 amps|
|Peak amps||19.2 amps||17.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||18 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1420 W||1420 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.