Zoom on the DuroMax XP2300iH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the DuroMax XP2300iH delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2300W. When propane-powered, it has 1700 rated watts and 2150 peak watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The XP2300iH, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of around 6.5 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 18 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.26 GPH) with propane.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the XP2300iH generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even though this DuroMax generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
As the DuroMax XP2300iH is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W14 x H20 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the XP2300iH's weight is only 50.6 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
The control panel of the XP2300iH includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours, fuel level, power output, voltage and frequency.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the DuroMax XP2300iH also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, propane hose and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2300iH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2300iH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its weight is 50.6 pounds, the DuroMax XP2300iH falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The XP2300iH, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 6.5 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.12 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2300iH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.6 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||79.8 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W||2150 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.2 amps|
|Peak amps||19.2 amps||17.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||18 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.