Zoom on the DuroMax XP2300iH
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP2300iH allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 1800W and a starting wattage of 2300W. If propane-powered, it gives 1700 rated watts and 2150 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
As for its running time, the XP2300iH, along with its 1.1 gallon fuel capacity, can run for around 6.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 18 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.26 GPH).
The XP2300iH generates a clean sine wave: providing <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This DuroMax generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The DuroMax XP2300iH's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22 x W14 x H20 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The XP2300iH can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 50.6 lbs. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle, once it is on the ground.
A digital data center, one of the features of the XP2300iH's control panel, gives you information on the fuel level, power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the DuroMax XP2300iH also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, funnel and propane hose.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2300iH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2300iH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 50.6 lbs, the DuroMax XP2300iH belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering around 6.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the XP2300iH is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG3250, reaching around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.11 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2300iH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.6 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||79.8 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W||2150 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.2 amps|
|Peak amps||19.2 amps||17.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||18 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.