Zoom on the DuroMax XP2300iH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the DuroMax XP2300iH delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2300W. When propane-powered, it has 1700 rated watts and 2150 peak watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The XP2300iH, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of around 6.5 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 18 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.26 GPH) with propane.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the XP2300iH produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
While this DuroMax generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22 x W14 x H20 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The XP2300iH's dry weight of 50.6 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
To help you monitor the XP2300iH's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the DuroMax XP2300iH also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and propane hose.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2300iH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2300iH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 50.6 lbs, the DuroMax XP2300iH belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 63 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- As the XP2300iH offers around 6.5 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for around 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2300iH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.6 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (63 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||79.8 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W||2150 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps||17.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||18 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.