Zoom on the DuroMax XP2300iH
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the DuroMax XP2300iH delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2300W. When propane-powered, it has 1700 rated watts and 2150 peak watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The XP2300iH, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of around 6.5 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 18 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.26 GPH) with propane.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the XP2300iH produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
While this DuroMax generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22 x W14 x H20 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the XP2300iH's weight is only 50.6 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. In addition, with its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
A digital data center, one of the features of the XP2300iH's control panel, gives you information on the frequency, fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the DuroMax XP2300iH's package also includes these accessories: funnel, propane hose and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2300iH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2300iH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As its weight is 50.6 pounds, the DuroMax XP2300iH falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The XP2300iH, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 6.5 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.12 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2300iH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.6 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||79.8 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1800 W||1700 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W||2150 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.2 amps|
|Peak amps||19.2 amps||17.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||18 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2300iH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.