Zoom on the DuroMax XP2200EH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2200EH is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP2200EH allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 1800W and a starting wattage of 2200W. If propane-powered, it gives 1710 rated watts and 2090 starting watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music).
As for its running time, the XP2200EH, along with its 1.2 gallon fuel capacity, can run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 19 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.25 GPH).
As the XP2200EH produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20 x W11.2 x H18 in), the DuroMax XP2200EH, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the XP2200EH weighs just 46 lbs. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the DuroMax XP2200EH also comes with some accessories: propane hose, funnel and tool kit are included.
The DuroMax XP2200EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2200EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2200EH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the DuroMax XP2200EH only weighs in at 46 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 61 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the XP2200EH, with an autonomy of 7 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2200EH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (61 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the DuroMax XP2200EH?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1800 W||1710 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W||2090 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps||17.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h||19 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.2 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. While Duromax is still a new face to the power generator market, their products have grown in popularity and can be found in the catalogues of most US retailers.
The DuroMax XP2200EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.