Zoom on the DuroMax XP2200EH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2200EH is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP2200EH allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 1800W and a starting wattage of 2200W. If propane-powered, it gives 1710 rated watts and 2090 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music).
The XP2200EH, with a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, reaches a run time of around 7 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 19 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.25 GPH) with propane.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the XP2200EH produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
As the DuroMax XP2200EH is an inverter generator, its encased design (L20 x W11.2 x H18 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The XP2200EH is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 46 lbs. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. A handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the DuroMax XP2200EH also comes with some accessories: funnel, tool kit and propane hose are included.
The DuroMax XP2200EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2200EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2200EH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the DuroMax XP2200EH weighs only 46 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 61 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 7 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the XP2200EH is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for around 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2200EH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (61 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1800 W||1710 W|
|Starting watts||2200 W||2090 W|
|Running amps||15 amps||14.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||18.3 amps||17.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h||19 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 11.2 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The DuroMax XP2200EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.