Zoom on the DuroMax XP2000EH
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP2000EH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP2000EH allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 1600W and a starting wattage of 2000W. If propane-powered, it gives 1520 rated watts and 1900 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (XP2000PK parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, the XP2000EH can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), or for around 20 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.24 GPH) using propane.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the XP2000EH generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20 x W10.5 x H18 in), the DuroMax XP2000EH, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 46 lbs, the XP2000EH can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
When the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the DuroMax XP2000EH, the following accessories are also included: propane hose, funnel and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2000EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2000EH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Weight-wise, the DuroMax XP2000EH has only 46 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- Because this inverter generator emits noise as low as 58 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the XP2000EH, reaching around 7 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, which is able to run for around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2000EH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1600 W||1520 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W||1900 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps||12.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps||15.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h||20 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 10.5 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.