Zoom on the DuroMax XP2000EH
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP2000EH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile DuroMax XP2000EH provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 1600W along with a peak wattage of 2000W. While propane-powered, it provides 1520 rated watts and 1900 starting watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (XP2000PK parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The XP2000EH, with a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, reaches a run time of around 7 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 20 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.24 GPH) with propane.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the XP2000EH produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
The DuroMax XP2000EH is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L20 x W10.5 x H18 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 46 lbs, the XP2000EH can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by a handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the DuroMax XP2000EH also is packed along with the following accessories: propane hose, funnel and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2000EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2000EH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As for its weight, the DuroMax XP2000EH weighs only 46 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 58 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the XP2000EH, reaching around 7 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides around 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Standing at an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2000EH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1600 W||1520 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W||1900 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps||12.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps||15.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h||20 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 10.5 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.