Zoom on the DuroMax XP2000EH
In summary, the DuroMax XP2000EH is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile DuroMax XP2000EH provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 1600W along with a peak wattage of 2000W. While propane-powered, it provides 1520 rated watts and 1900 starting watts. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (XP2000PK parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb).
As for its running time, the XP2000EH, along with its 1.2 gallon fuel capacity, can run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 20 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.24 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the XP2000EH produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Since the DuroMax XP2000EH is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20 x W10.5 x H18 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Since the XP2000EH weighs only 46 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the DuroMax XP2000EH's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, funnel and propane hose.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP2000EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP2000EH compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the DuroMax XP2000EH only weighs in at 46 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 58 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- The XP2000EH, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 7 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with around 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the DuroMax XP2000EH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1600 W||1520 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W||1900 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps||12.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps||15.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h||20 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 10.5 x 18 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.