Gas + DC output
Gas + CO sensor
Dual fuel + DC output
Dual fuel + CO sensor
Dual fuel + CO sensor + New design
Tri fuel + Remote start + CO sensor
Zoom on the DuroMax XP13000X
In summary, the DuroMax XP13000X is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure.
Power & Run Time
The DuroMax XP13000X houses a 500 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 10,500W along with a peak wattage of 13,000W.
At a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), this generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The XP13000X can operate for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.98 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 8.3 gallons.
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the XP13000X is not recommended due to its relatively high THD (<12%).
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
This DuroMax generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as the XP13000X holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the DuroMax XP13000X is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L30 x W29 x H26 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 240 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀10") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
To help you monitor the XP13000X's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The XP13000X also benefits from DuroMax’s CO Alert carbon monoxide shutdown. If CO levels become unsafe or rapidly increase, the generator will automatically shut down, an indicator will light red, and the engine will not restart for 5 minutes.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the DuroMax XP13000X, the following accessories are also included: tool kit and funnel.
The DuroMax XP13000X is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP13000X versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP13000X compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 11000 W).
- At a weight of 240 pounds, the DuroMax XP13000X places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 10000-11000 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 69 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the XP13000X, reaching around 8.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, with around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.98 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-11000W generators, the DuroMax XP13000X is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Alert technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- 4 different AC outlet types
- Electric start
- Decent weight (240 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||500 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||10,500 W|
|Starting watts||13,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||87.5/43.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||17 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||8.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||30 x 29 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. Founded in 2003, DuroMax starts to be seen as an important player in the power generator market.
The DuroMax XP13000X is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||8372 W||9872 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||8390 W||8980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Pressure washer (1 hp)||1200||3600|
|Total||8360 W||12860 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.