Zoom on the DuroMax XP13000EH
In a nutshell, the DuroMax XP13000EH is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- Homeowners who wish to power almost all appliances in their house under any circumstances
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the DuroMax XP13000EH allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 10500W and a starting wattage of 13000W. If propane-powered, it gives 9975 rated watts and 12350 starting watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the XP13000EH, along with its 8.3 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.98 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 3.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 1.34 GPH).
The quite high THD (<12%) of the XP13000EH makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive of electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
While this DuroMax generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the XP13000EH is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the DuroMax XP13000EH, which are L28 x W23 x H23 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 232 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Never less, thanks to a wheel kit and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the XP13000EH includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the DuroMax XP13000EH also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, propane hose and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP13000EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP13000EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP13000EH compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 11000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the DuroMax XP13000EH only weighs in at 232 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 10000-11000 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI with only 218 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 74 dBA, this generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 69 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 8.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Generac XG10000E, boasting with 10 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.98 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.78 GPH, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 10000-11000W generators, the DuroMax XP13000EH is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (232 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (74 dBA)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the DuroMax XP13000EH?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||500 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||10500 W||9975 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W||12350 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||87.5/43.8 amps||83.1/41.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps||102.9/51.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h||3.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Fuel tank||8.3 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 23 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. While Duromax is still a new face to the power generator market, their products have grown in popularity and can be found in the catalogues of most US retailers.
The DuroMax XP13000EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.