Zoom on the DuroMax XP13000EH
In summary, the DuroMax XP13000EH is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Small homeowners in search of a full power backup solution
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the DuroMax XP13000EH delivers 120/240V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 10500W and a peak wattage of 13000W. When propane-powered, it has 9975 rated watts and 12350 peak watts.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the XP13000EH, along with its 8.3 gallons fuel capacity, can run for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.98 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for around 3.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 1.34 GPH).
The quite high THD (<12%) of the XP13000EH makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This DuroMax generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the XP13000EH is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The DuroMax XP13000EH has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28 x W23 x H23 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 232 pounds. Never less, thanks to a wheel kit and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The XP13000EH's control center features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the oil level is too low.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the DuroMax XP13000EH's package also includes these accessories: funnel, propane hose and tool kit.
The DuroMax XP13000EH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP13000EH versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP13000EH compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 11000 W).
- Weight-wise, the DuroMax XP13000EH has only 232 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 10000 to 11000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- Since this generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 74 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 69 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the XP13000EH, reaching around 8.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Generac XG10000E, which is able to run for around 10 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 0.98 GPH. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.78 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 10000-11000W generators, the DuroMax XP13000EH is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (232 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (74 dBA)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||500 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||10500 W||9975 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W||12350 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||87.5/43.8 amps||83.1/41.6 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps||102.9/51.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h||3.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Fuel tank||8.3 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 23 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The DuroMax XP13000EH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
QWhat size propane tank is required? (Asked September 29, 2019)
APropane tank size is completely up to you. The bigger the tank, the higher the runtime on propane.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.