Zoom on the DuroMax XP10000E
In summary, the DuroMax XP10000E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The DuroMax XP10000E's engine, 440 cc (18 hp) DuroMax OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 8000W and reaches a peak wattage of 10000W.
With a noise rating of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 8.3 gallons, the XP10000E may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.83 GPH).
The quite high THD (<12%) of the XP10000E makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive of electronic devices.
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A output with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this DuroMax generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the XP10000E is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The design of the DuroMax XP10000E is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L40 x W29 x H27.5 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 232 lbs. Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The XP10000E's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient voltmeter, which provides an easy way to monitor power output anytime.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the DuroMax XP10000E, the following accessories are also included: tool kit and funnel.
The DuroMax XP10000E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The DuroMax XP10000E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the DuroMax XP10000E compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- With its weight of 232 lbs, the DuroMax XP10000E is one of the heavier generators in the 7500-8500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, with a dry weight of just 185 pounds.
- Since this generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 72 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powermate DF7500E, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 68 dBA.
- The XP10000E, offering a run time of 10 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Firman H08053, reaching 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 0.83 GPH. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.55 GPH, the Westinghouse WPro8500 is a device you should look out for.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the DuroMax XP10000E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (72 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (232 lbs)
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the DuroMax XP10000E?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||440 cc DuroMax OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8000 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A output|
|Fuel tank||8.3 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||40 x 29 x 27.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Duromax is a small, American based power equipment company, with headquarters in Ontario, California. Duromax specializes in several products, including pumps, engines, pressure washers, and most importantly, power generators. In this regard, the company focuses solely on portable generators, of mostly small and medium power outputs, and dual fuel devices. Duromax’s generators are designed and serviced in the US, however, their production is outsourced overseas. While Duromax is still a new face to the power generator market, their products have grown in popularity and can be found in the catalogues of most US retailers.
The DuroMax XP10000E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of DuroMax generators, please consult DuroMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-DUROMAX (844-387-6629).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.