Zoom on the Champion 76533
In summary, the Champion 76533 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Champion 76533 provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3,800W along with a peak wattage of 4,750W. While propane-powered, it provides 3,420 rated watts and 4,275 starting watts.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the 76533 can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH), or for around 10.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.45 GPH) using propane.
The 76533 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
With its dimensions of L26.3 x W24.8 x H22.9 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 76533 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 119 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The 76533's control center features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 76533 also comes with several accessories, including: oil, funnel and propane hose.
The Champion 76533 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 76533 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 76533 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As its dry weight is 119 pounds, the Champion 76533 is one of the heavier of the dual fuel products which can generate 3500 to 4500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN DF402iX, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 68 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 76533, reaching around 9 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other dual fuel products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.23 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Champion 76533 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (119 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||244 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,800 W||3,420 W|
|Starting watts||4,750 W||4,275 W|
|Running amps||31.7 amps||28.5 amps|
|Peak amps||39.6 amps||35.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 76533 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||3037 W||4037 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||3035 W||3455 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.