Zoom on the Champion 76533
In summary, the Champion 76533 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 76533 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3800W and a starting wattage of 4750W. If propane-powered, it gives 3420 rated watts and 4275 starting watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the 76533 can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH), or for around 10.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.45 GPH) using propane.
The control panel features the following 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The Champion 76533 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L26.3 x W24.8 x H22.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 119 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
To help you monitor the 76533's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 76533 also is packed along with the following accessories: propane hose, funnel and oil.
The Champion 76533 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 76533 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 76533 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 119 lbs, the Champion 76533 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- As this generator can emit noise as low as 68 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Cummins Onan P4500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The 76533’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EB4000X, with around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 76533 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Decent weight (119 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||244 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3800 W||3420 W|
|Starting watts||4750 W||4275 W|
|Running amps||31.7 amps||28.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||39.6 amps||35.6 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 76533 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||3037 W||4037 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||3035 W||3455 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1880 W||4580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.