-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 0
Zoom on the Champion 201322
In a nutshell, the Champion 201322 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Champion 201322 delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 4,250W and a peak wattage of 5,300W. When propane-powered, it has 3,825 rated watts and 4,780 peak watts.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Regarding its running time, the 201322, with a 4.7 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 14 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 10.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.45 GPH).
As the 201322 has a high THD (<20%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The dimensions of the Champion 201322, which are L24.8 x W24.8 x H22.4 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 114 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The 201322 and its control panel include an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 201322 also is packed along with the following accessories: propane hose, oil and funnel.
The Champion 201322 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 201322 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201322 compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 114 lbs, the Champion 201322 belongs in the expected weight range for dual fuel generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN DF402iX, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its type and power category, as it is rated at 68 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- As the 201322 features an autonomy of around 14 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its type and power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, with around 15 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.34 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.23 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel generators, the Champion 201322 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (114 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||4,250 W||3,825 W|
|Starting watts||5,300 W||4,780 W|
|Running amps||35.4 amps||31.9 amps|
|Peak amps||44.2 amps||39.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.8 x 24.8 x 22.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201322 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||3372 W||4372 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||3390 W||3980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||2530 W||5230 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.