No CO sensor
CO sensor + Fuel gauge
Zoom on the Champion 201110
The Champion 201110 is the newer version of the 100110. It's a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Small homeowners in search of a full power backup solution
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201110 houses a 459 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 9,200W along with a peak wattage of 11,500W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the 201110 can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.77 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 7.7 gallons.
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the 201110 is not recommended due to its high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 201110 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The dimensions of the Champion 201110, which are L29.1 x W26.1 x H26.1 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 205 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The 201110's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 201110 also comes with some accessories: oil and funnel are included.
The Champion 201110 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 201110 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201110 compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- As for its weight, the Champion 201110 weighs only 205 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 8500-9500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Westinghouse iGen11000DFc, with a dry weight of just 187.4 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 74 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Pulsar PGD105TiSCO, whose lowest noise levels reach just 62 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 10 hours at 50% load, the 201110 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen11000DFc, with around 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.77 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen11000DFc, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.66 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Champion 201110 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (205 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|459 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|29.1 x 26.1 x 26.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201110 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|Microwave (1000 watts)
|Air compressor (1 hp)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.