Zoom on the Champion 201067
In summary, the Champion 201067 is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201067's core is the 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7250W and a peak wattage of 9000W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4.3 gallons, the 201067 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.41 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 201067 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 201067 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Champion 201067 has the following dimensions: L26.6 x W25.5 x H24.6 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 152.2 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
Monitoring of the 201067's status and activity is made possible by a digital Intelligauge data center, which provides information on the voltage, lifetime run hours, frequency and power output and is one of the features of its control panel.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 201067, the following accessories are also included: funnel, oil and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 201067 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 201067 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201067 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Champion 201067 only weighs in at 152.2 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 6500-7500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, standing at just 133 lbs.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 72 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Powerhorse 7500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 55 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 201067, reaching up to 10.5 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Powerhorse 7500i, reaching up to 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Standing at an estimated 0.41 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.35 GPH, the Energizer eZV8000 is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W inverter generators, the Champion 201067 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (152.2 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (72 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7250 W|
|Starting watts||9000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.5 x 24.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201067 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5797 W||7297 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5790 W||6380 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
The specs from the owner manual say this is a bonded neutral while it is listed here as floating. Which is it? (Asked April 03, 2022)
The unit's neutral is bonded to the frame.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.