Zoom on the Champion 201067
In a nutshell, the Champion 201067 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201067 is powered by a 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 7,250W as well as a peak wattage of 9,000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4.3 gallons, the 201067 can operate for up to 10.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.41 GPH).
As the 201067 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 201067 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the Champion 201067, which are L26.6 x W25.5 x H24.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 152.2 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The control panel of the 201067 includes a digital Intelligauge data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the power output, lifetime run hours, frequency and voltage.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 201067 also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 201067 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 201067 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201067 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 201067 weighs just 152.2 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 6500 to 7500 rated wattage generators. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 72 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powerhorse 7500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 55 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 201067 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 7500i, which is able to run for up to 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.41 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV8000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.35 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W inverter generators, the Champion 201067 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (152.2 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (72 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7,250 W|
|Starting watts||9,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.5 x 24.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201067 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||5792 W||7267 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5785 W||6205 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
The specs from the owner manual say this is a bonded neutral while it is listed here as floating. Which is it? (Asked April 03, 2022)
The unit's neutral is bonded to the frame.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.