Zoom on the Champion 201067
In summary, the Champion 201067 is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201067's core is the 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7250W and a peak wattage of 9000W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher).
With a full tank, the 201067 can operate for up to 10.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.41 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.3 gallons.
The 201067 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, since the 201067 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The dimensions of the Champion 201067, which are L26.6 x W25.5 x H24.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 152.2 lbs. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many 201067's features is the Intelligauge data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the voltage, power output, lifetime run hours and frequency and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Champion 201067's package also includes these accessories: dual port USB adapter, funnel and oil.
The Champion 201067 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 201067 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201067 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Champion 201067 stands at only 152.2 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 6500-7500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 72 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- The 201067's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 10.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Powerhorse 7500i, boasting with up to 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.41 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV8000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.35 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W generators, the Champion 201067 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (152.2 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (72 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7250 W|
|Starting watts||9000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.5 x 24.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201067 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5797 W||7297 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5790 W||6380 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
The specs from the owner manual say this is a bonded neutral while it is listed here as floating. Which is it? (Asked April 03, 2022)
The unit's neutral is bonded to the frame.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.