-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 51
Zoom on the Champion 201067
In a nutshell, the Champion 201067 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201067's core is the 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7,250W and a peak wattage of 9,000W.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 72 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner).
With a full tank, the 201067 can operate for up to 10.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.41 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.3 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 201067 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 201067 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The Champion 201067 has the following dimensions: L26.6 x W25.5 x H24.6 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 152.2 lbs. Nevertheless, thanks to its set of wheels (⌀8") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
A digital Intelligauge data center, one of the features of the 201067's control panel, gives you information on the frequency, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 201067, the following accessories are also included: dual port USB adapter, funnel and oil. The official storage cover and running cover are also available, as separate purchases.
The Champion 201067 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 201067 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201067 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- As for its weight, the Champion 201067 weighs only 152.2 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 6500-7500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, standing at just 133 lbs.
- Because this inverter generator emits noise as low as 72 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powerhorse 7500i with only 55 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 10.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the 201067 falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP8500EH, as it provides up to 25 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.41 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.29 GPH, the DuroMax XP7500DX is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W inverter generators, the Champion 201067 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (152.2 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (72 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7,250 W|
|Starting watts||9,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||60.4/30.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.5 x 24.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201067 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5797 W||6897 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5790 W||6380 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4480 W||8980 W|
The specs from the owner manual say this is a bonded neutral while it is listed here as floating. Which is it? (Asked April 03, 2022)
The unit's neutral is bonded to the frame.
What is the difference between the Champion 100520 and 201067 ? Is one a newer version? (Asked April 20, 2023)
The 100520 has less running and starting watts, does not have a 50-amp outlet, and does not feature a CO sensor.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.