Zoom on the Champion 201057
In a nutshell, the Champion 201057 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 201057 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3500W and a starting wattage of 4250W. If propane-powered, it gives 3150 rated watts and 4250 starting watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation).
Regarding its running time, the 201057, with a 4 gallons fuel capacity can operate for up to 22 hours with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH). When using propane, it can run for up to 21 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.22 GPH).
The 201057 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The dimensions of the Champion 201057, which are L28.6 x W23.4 x H21.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 201057 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 92 lbs. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle.
The control panel of the 201057 includes a digital Intelligauge data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, power output, frequency and lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 201057 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter, oil, propane hose and funnel are included.
The Champion 201057 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 201057 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201057 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 201057 weighs just 92 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 3000 to 4000 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 64 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cat INV4000E, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 51 dBA.
- Since the 201057 boasts with a run time of up to 22 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as one of the devices with the highest run time among those of a comparable output.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Champion 201057 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (92 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (64 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W||3150 W|
|Starting watts||4250 W||4250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps||26.3 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h||21 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.6 x 23.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201057 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2742 W||4242 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.