Zoom on the Champion 201057
In a nutshell, the Champion 201057 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile Champion 201057 provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3500W along with a peak wattage of 4250W. While propane-powered, it provides 3150 rated watts and 4250 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 201057 can operate for up to 22 hours using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH), or for up to 21 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.22 GPH) using propane.
The 201057 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
With its dimensions of L28.6 x W23.4 x H21.6 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 201057 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
With a dry weight of 92 lbs, the 201057 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the 201057's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital Intelligauge data center, giving you information on the power output, voltage, lifetime run hours and frequency.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 201057 also comes with several accessories, including: dual port USB adapter, funnel, oil and propane hose.
The Champion 201057 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 201057 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201057 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 92 lbs, the Champion 201057 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 3000 and 4000 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 64 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Cat INV4000E. With just 51 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the 201057 boasts with a run time of up to 22 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as one of the devices with the highest run time among those of a comparable output.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Champion 201057 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (92 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (64 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W||3150 W|
|Starting watts||4250 W||4250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps||26.3 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h||21 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.6 x 23.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201057 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2787 W||3787 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.