Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + Wheel kit
Gas + Manual start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start
Gas + Remote start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Manual start
Dual fuel + Manual start + USB ports
Dual fuel + Electric start
Zoom on the Champion 201057
In a nutshell, the Champion 201057 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 201057 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3500W and a starting wattage of 4250W. If propane-powered, it gives 3150 rated watts and 4250 starting watts. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The running time of the 201057, with its 4 gallons fuel capacity, can reach up to 22 hours on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH). With propane, it can reach up to 21 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.22 GPH).
The 201057 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
With its dimensions of L28.6 x W23.4 x H21.6 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 201057 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
The 92 lbs of the 201057's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. In addition, with its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
One of the many 201057's features is the Intelligauge data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the frequency, lifetime run hours, power output and voltage and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 201057, the following accessories are also included: oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter and propane hose.
The Champion 201057 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 201057 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201057 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- At a weight of 92 pounds, the Champion 201057 places in the expected weight range of the inverter generators in the 3000-4000 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM3300i, weighing just 47.4 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 64 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- As the 201057 features an autonomy of up to 22 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its type and power range. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Firman W03661OF, reaching up to 25 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W dual fuel inverter generators, the Champion 201057 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- High run time
- Decent weight (92 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (64 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,500 W||3,150 W|
|Starting watts||4,250 W||4,250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps||26.3 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h||21 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.6 x 23.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, propane hose, dual port USB adapter, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201057 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2792 W||3792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2780 W||3370 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.