Zoom on the Champion 201056
In a nutshell, the Champion 201056 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201056's engine, 224 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3500W and reaches a peak wattage of 4250W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 201056 can operate for up to 22 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 201056 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The Champion 201056 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28.6 x W23.4 x H21.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 80 lbs of the 201056's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the 201056's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 201056 also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, dual port USB adapter and oil.
The Champion 201056 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 201056 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201056 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 201056 weighs just 80 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 3000 to 4000 rated wattage generators. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- This inverter generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 64 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Cat INV4000E, whose lowest noise levels reach just 51 dBA.
- Since the 201056 boasts with a run time of up to 22 hours at 25% load, it can be safely judged as one of the devices with the highest run time among those of a comparable output.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Champion 201056 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (64 dBA)
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.6 x 23.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201056 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2787 W||3787 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.