Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + Wheel kit
Gas + Manual start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start
Gas + Remote start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Manual start
Dual fuel + Manual start + USB ports
Dual fuel + Electric start
Zoom on the Champion 201056
In a nutshell, the Champion 201056 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
Power & Run Time
The Champion 201056's core is the 224 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3500W and a peak wattage of 4250W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 201056 can operate for up to 22 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
The 201056 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
With its dimensions of L28.6 x W23.4 x H21.6 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 201056 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
The 80 lbs of the 201056's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle.
The 201056's control center features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 201056 also is packed along with the following accessories: dual port USB adapter, funnel and oil.
The Champion 201056 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 201056 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201056 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Champion 201056 stands at only 80 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 3000-4000 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM3300i with only 47.4 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 64 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cummins Onan P4500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- The 201056 provides a higher run time than similarly powerful inverters, reaching up to 22 hours at 25% load. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Firman W03661OF, as it provides up to 25 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3500P is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W inverter generators, the Champion 201056 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80 lbs)
- High run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (64 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||28.6 x 23.4 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201056 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2787 W||3787 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.