Zoom on the Champion 201047
In summary, the Champion 201047 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Champion 201047 delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1,800W and a peak wattage of 2,400W. When propane-powered, it has 1,620 rated watts and 2,400 peak watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 53 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb). Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
The 201047, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 11 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 34 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.14 GPH) with propane.
The 201047 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Champion 201047's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L19.6 x W11.8 x H18.1 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
As the 201047's weight is only 50.5 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, a conveniently placed handle (molded in the case) is a great enhancement to the grip, which tremendously helps when moving the 201047 across any distance.
The light indicators show you if its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Champion 201047's package also includes these accessories: propane hose, tool kit, dual port USB adapter, oil and funnel.
The Champion 201047 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 201047 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 201047 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 50.5 lbs, the Champion 201047 belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM2000i, weighing just 34.2 pounds.
- This inverter generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its type and power range, rated at 53 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As the 201047 features an autonomy of up to 11 hours at 25% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its type and power range. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, boasting with up to 13 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the DuroMax XP2300iH, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (53 dBA)
- No data center
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|80 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Low oil and overload
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|19.6 x 11.8 x 18.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, and dual port USB adapter
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 201047 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.