Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + CO sensor
Gas + Remote start
Gas + Remote start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Electric start
Dual fuel + Electric start + CO sensor
Zoom on the Champion 200994
In a nutshell, the Champion 200994 is a compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 200994 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3,650W and a starting wattage of 4,650W. If propane-powered, it gives 3,285 rated watts and 4,650 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
With a fuel capacity of 2.3 gallons, the 200994 can operate for up to 14 hours using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH), or for up to 21 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.22 GPH) using propane.
As the 200994 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Champion 200994's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L23.2 x W17.7 x H20.1 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Since the generator weighs 103 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀5") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the 200994 includes a digital Intelligauge data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, lifetime run hours and power output.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 200994 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter, funnel, oil, tool kit and propane hose are included. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Champion 200994 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 200994 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200994 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 103 lbs, the Champion 200994 belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 3500 to 4500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM4600iAEFIC with only 58.4 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 61 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 14 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 200994 is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman W03661OF, with up to 25 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the most fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 3500-4500W dual fuel inverter generators, the Champion 200994 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (103 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (61 dBA)
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|212 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Power output, lifetime run hours and voltage
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Steel, 2.3 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|23.2 x 17.7 x 20.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, dual port USB adapter, and battery
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200994 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
|Cell phone charger
Other than a small wattage difference, what is the difference between this model and the Champion 4500 model 200988? (Asked September 05, 2021)
None other than wattage. You may read the full spec comparison here.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.