Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + CO sensor
Gas + Remote start
Dual fuel + Manual start
Dual fuel + Manual start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Electric start
Dual fuel + Electric start + CO sensor
Zoom on the Champion 200969
In summary, the Champion 200969 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200969 houses a 224 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3,650W along with a peak wattage of 4,550W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 68 dBA (less noisy than an office).
The 200969 can operate for around 14 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4.7 gallons.
The quite high THD (<20%) of the 200969 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The dimensions of the Champion 200969, which are L23.2 x W18.3 x H20 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 103 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. The additional purchase of an official wheel kit (opens in a new tab) can therefore be a good idea, if you wish to improve the generator's mobility.
The 200969 and its control panel include an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 200969 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Champion 200969 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 200969 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200969 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- With a dry weight of 103 pounds, the Champion 200969 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 3500 and 4500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN GN400i, weighing just 66.1 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 68 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF with only 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 14 hours at 50% load, the 200969 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Predator 4375, boasting with around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.34 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.23 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 200969 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- High run time
- Decent weight (103 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- On the noisy side (68 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,650 W|
|Starting watts||4,550 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps|
|Peak amps||37.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 18.3 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200969 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2892 W||3892 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2890 W||3480 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.