Zoom on the Champion 200969
In a nutshell, the Champion 200969 is a compact portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200969's engine, 224 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 3650W and reaches a peak wattage of 4550W.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 200969 can operate for around 14 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4.7 gallons.
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
With its dimensions of L23.2 x W18.3 x H20 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 200969 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 103 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). The additional purchase of an official wheel kit (opens in a new tab) can therefore be a good idea, if you wish to improve the generator's mobility.
The control panel of the 200969 includes an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 200969 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and oil. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Champion 200969 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 200969 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200969 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- As for its weight, the Champion 200969 weighs only 103 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 68 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Cummins Onan P4500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- With a run time of around 14 hours at 50% load, the 200969 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EB4000X, with around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.34 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 200969 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (103 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3650 W|
|Starting watts||4550 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 18.3 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200969 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2892 W||3892 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2890 W||3480 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.