Zoom on the Champion 200969
In summary, the Champion 200969 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200969 houses a 224 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3650W along with a peak wattage of 4550W.
The generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 68 dBA (less noisy than background music).
The fuel capacity of 4.7 gallons allows the 200969 to operate for around 14 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.34 GPH).
The 200969 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The dimensions of the Champion 200969, which are L23.2 x W18.3 x H20 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 103 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). The additional purchase of an official wheel kit (opens in a new tab) can therefore be a good idea, if you wish to improve the generator's mobility.
The control panel of the 200969 includes an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against spikes in voltage.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 200969 also comes with several accessories, including: oil and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Champion 200969 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 200969 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200969 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Champion 200969 stands at only 103 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 3500-4500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 68 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Cummins Onan P4500i with only 52 dBA.
- As the 200969 features an autonomy of around 14 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EB4000X, with around 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.34 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 200969 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (103 lbs)
- High run time
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3650 W|
|Starting watts||4550 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps|
|Peak amps||37.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||14 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 18.3 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200969 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2912 W||3912 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2895 W||3485 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||1800 W||4500 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.