Zoom on the Champion 200915
In summary, the Champion 200915 is a compact and lightweight portable generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200915 is powered by a 79 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1,200W as well as a peak wattage of 1,500W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.5 gallon, the 200915 can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.15 GPH).
As the 200915 has a high THD (<20%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
The design of the Champion 200915 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L18.1 x W14.1 x H16.9 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 200915 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 58 lbs. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
The 200915's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 200915 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and funnel.
The Champion 200915 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 200915 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200915 compare to generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 58 pounds, the Champion 200915 is one of the heavier generators producing between 1000 and 2000 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO, standing at just 24 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 65 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- With a run time of around 10 hours at 50% load, the 200915 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Pulsar PG2200, with around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.15 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.09 GPH, the Pulsar PGD16iSCO is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1000-2000W generators, the Champion 200915 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- On the heavy side (58 lbs)
- On the noisy side (65 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|79 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|Steel, 1.5 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|18.1 x 14.1 x 16.9 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil and funnel
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200915 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.