Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + Wheel kit
Gas + Manual start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start
Gas + Remote start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Manual start
Dual fuel + Manual start + USB ports
Dual fuel + Electric start
Zoom on the Champion 200913
In summary, the Champion 200913 is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200913 houses a 224 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3,500W along with a peak wattage of 4,250W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), its power may be increased if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the 200913 can be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 200913 can operate for up to 22 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
The 200913 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Champion 200913 has the following dimensions: L27.9 x W23.4 x H21.7 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
The 200913 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 90 lbs. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle.
To help you monitor the 200913's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 200913 also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, key fob and oil.
The Champion 200913 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 200913 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200913 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As its weight is 90 pounds, the Champion 200913 falls in the expected weight range of the inverters in the 3000-4000 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 64 dBA is on the noisier side. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 22 hours at 25% load, the 200913 benefits from a higher run time than many inverter generators of a similar output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Firman W03661OF, boasting with up to 25 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Standing at an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W inverter generators, the Champion 200913 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- High run time
- Decent weight (90 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the noisy side (64 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3,500 W|
|Starting watts||4,250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.9 x 23.4 x 21.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, key fob, battery, and wheel kit|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200913 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2792 W||3792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2780 W||3370 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.