Gas + Manual start
Gas + Manual start + Wheel kit
Gas + Manual start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start
Gas + Remote start + USB ports
Gas + Remote start + CO sensor
Dual fuel + Manual start
Dual fuel + Manual start + USB ports
Dual fuel + Electric start
Zoom on the Champion 200913
In a nutshell, the Champion 200913 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 200913's design includes a gasoline-fueled 224 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3,500W and also a peak wattage of 4,250W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 64 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Moreover, to offer you even more convenience, the 200913 can also be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 200913 can operate for up to 22 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.18 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 200913 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The dimensions of the Champion 200913, which are L27.9 x W23.4 x H21.7 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
The 200913 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 90 lbs. In addition, with its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
The control panel of the 200913 includes an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 200913 also comes with several accessories, including: oil, funnel and key fob.
The Champion 200913 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 200913 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 200913 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- At a weight of 90 pounds, the Champion 200913 places in the expected weight range of the inverter generators in the 3000-4000 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of only 46 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 64 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Westinghouse iGen4500DF, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of up to 22 hours at 25% load, the 200913 benefits from a higher run time than many inverter generators of a similar output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Firman W03661OF, as it provides up to 25 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.18 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W inverter generators, the Champion 200913 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Parallel capable
- High run time
- Decent weight (90 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the noisy side (64 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||224 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||3,500 W|
|Starting watts||4,250 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||22 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.9 x 23.4 x 21.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||64 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, key fob, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 200913 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2792 W||3792 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||2780 W||3370 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.