Dual fuel + 50A outlet
Zoom on the Champion 100719
In a nutshell, the Champion 100719 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100719's engine, 420 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 7,000W and reaches a peak wattage of 8,500W.
At a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
The 100719 can operate for up to 14 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 5.3 gallons.
As the 100719 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the 100719 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The Champion 100719 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L33.4 x W29.1 x H26 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
As the generator's weight is 211.6 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of wheels (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
One of the many 100719's features is the Intelligauge data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the frequency, voltage and lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100719 also comes with several accessories, including: battery charging cables, RV adapter, dual port USB adapter, funnel and oil.
The Champion 100719 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 100719 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100719 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- A weight of 211.6 lbs makes the Champion 100719 one of the heavier devices in the 6500-7500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of just 133 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 61 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Powerhorse 7500i. With just 55 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 14 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 100719 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP8500EH, as it provides up to 25 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the DuroMax XP7500DX. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.29 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W inverter generators, the Champion 100719 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (211.6 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7,000 W|
|Starting watts||8,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||70.8/35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||14 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||5.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.4 x 29.1 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100719 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5587 W||7062 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5580 W||6000 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||3980 W||8480 W|
does the 100719 have cold weather technology? (Asked September 27, 2022)
The unit features Champion's Cold Start technology.
How do you convert to floating neutral? (Asked October 24, 2022)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.