-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 31
Dual fuel + 50A outlet
Zoom on the Champion 100719
In a nutshell, the Champion 100719 is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100719's core is the 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 7,000W and a peak wattage of 8,500W.
At a noise rating of 61 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
The fuel capacity of 5.3 gallons allows the 100719 to operate for up to 14 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the 100719 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the 100719 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
Since the Champion 100719 is an inverter generator, its closed design (L33.4 x W29.1 x H26 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 211.6 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its set of wheels (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
The control panel of the 100719 includes a digital Intelligauge data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the frequency, voltage and lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if its oil levels are insufficient.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100719 also comes with some accessories: RV adapter, battery charging cables, dual port USB adapter, funnel and oil are included.
The Champion 100719 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 100719 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100719 compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- At a dry weight of 211.6 pounds, the Champion 100719 is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 6500 and 7500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, standing at just 133 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 61 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powerhorse 7500i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 55 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 100719, with an autonomy of up to 14 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP8500EH, which is able to run for up to 25 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.29 GPH, the DuroMax XP7500DX is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W inverter generators, the Champion 100719 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Quiet for its power (61 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
- No parallel ports
- On the heavy side (211.6 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7,000 W|
|Starting watts||8,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||70.8/35.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||14 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||5.3 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.4 x 29.1 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||61 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, dual port USB adapter, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100719 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||5595 W||7095 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5590 W||6180 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||3980 W||8480 W|
does the 100719 have cold weather technology? (Asked September 27, 2022)
The unit features Champion's Cold Start technology.
How do you convert to floating neutral? (Asked October 24, 2022)
We recommend reading our article on neutral conversion, or having a look at this video (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.