Zoom on the Champion 100592
In a nutshell, the Champion 100592 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 100592 allows for an output of 120/240V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 6250W and a starting wattage of 7850W. If propane-powered, it gives 5600 rated watts and 7050 starting watts.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower).
The 100592, with a fuel capacity of 6 gallons, reaches a run time of around 10 hours at 50% load utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.6 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of around 6.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.72 GPH) with propane.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
With its dimensions of L27 x W27.7 x H24.4 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 100592 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 162.5 lbs. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
The 100592 and its control panel include an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features a Volt Guard™ overload protection and an automatic low oil shut-off.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 100592, the following accessories are also included: funnel and propane hose.
The Champion 100592 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100592 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100592 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 100592 weighs just 162.5 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 5500 to 6500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF7250 with only 140 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 74 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU7000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing 10 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 100592 falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, with 15 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.6 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the Champion 100592 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- Dual Fuel
- Lightweight for its kind (162.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Champion 100592?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||389 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||6250 W||5600 W|
|Starting watts||7850 W||7050 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps||46.7/23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||65.4/32.7 amps||58.8/29.4 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 27.7 x 24.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel and propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100592 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.