Zoom on the Champion 100571
In a nutshell, the Champion 100571 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100571's core is the 122 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2300W and a peak wattage of 3500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
The fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon allows the 100571 to operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 100571 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The Champion 100571's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L23.8 x W16.4 x H19.4 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
As the 100571's weight is only 57.8 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of wheels (⌀5.5") and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
Monitoring of the 100571's status and activity is made possible by a digital Intelligauge data center, which provides information on the power output, frequency, voltage and lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the oil level is too low.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100571 also comes with several accessories, including: oil, tool kit, funnel and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 100571 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100571 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100571 compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a weight of 57.8 pounds, the Champion 100571 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest emitted noise of 58 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Given that the 100571 reaches an autonomy of up to 10 hours with a full tank and at 25% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Yamaha EF2800i, which is able to run for up to 14.7 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV2200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Champion 100571 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Decent weight (57.8 lbs)
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||122 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2300 W|
|Starting watts||3500 W|
|Running amps||19.2 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.8 x 16.4 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100571 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1837 W||2837 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1835 W||2425 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.