Zoom on the Champion 100571
In summary, the Champion 100571 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100571's engine, 122 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2,300W and reaches a peak wattage of 3,500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
With a full tank, the 100571 can operate for up to 10 hours (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon.
The 100571 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
As the Champion 100571 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L23.8 x W16.4 x H19.4 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 57.8 lbs of the 100571's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of wheels (⌀5.5") and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
A digital Intelligauge data center, one of the features of the 100571's control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, power output, frequency and voltage, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside (opens in a new tab).
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 100571, the following accessories are also included: dual port USB adapter, oil, tool kit and funnel.
The Champion 100571 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 100571 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100571 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- A weight of 57.8 lbs makes the Champion 100571 one of the heavier inverters in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 58 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Offering up to 10 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the 100571 is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, with up to 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Champion 100571 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- On the heavy side (57.8 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||122 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,300 W|
|Starting watts||3,500 W|
|Running amps||19.2 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.8 x 16.4 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100571 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1837 W||2837 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||1830 W||2250 W|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.