-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 12
Zoom on the Champion 100571
In summary, the Champion 100571 is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100571's design includes a gasoline-fueled 122 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2,300W and also a peak wattage of 3,500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLink (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. Champion’s EZ Start Dial lets you intuitively start the engine with easy access to all the controls you need.
With a fuel capacity of 1.2 gallon, the 100571 may run for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.12 GPH).
As the 100571 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the Champion 100571 is an inverter generator, its closed design (L23.8 x W16.4 x H19.4 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 100571's dry weight of 57.8 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. In addition, with its set of wheels (⌀5.5") and its telecospic handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
To help you monitor the 100571's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital Intelligauge data center, giving you information on the voltage, frequency, power output and lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
The unit also benefits from the CO Shield™ technology, which monitors accumulation of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas produced by the engine's exhaust when the generator is running. If CO Shield™ detects elevated levels of CO gas, it automatically shuts off the engine and illuminates a red LED.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100571 also comes with some accessories: tool kit, dual port USB adapter, oil and funnel are included.
The Champion 100571 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
In addition, the unit meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The Champion 100571 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100571 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- A weight of 57.8 lbs makes the Champion 100571 one of the heavier inverters in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this inverter generator with a lowest noise of 58 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Offering up to 10 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the 100571 is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, with up to 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.12 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the Champion 100571 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Shield™ technology
- Several accessories included
- Parallel capable
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the heavy side (57.8 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||122 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,300 W|
|Starting watts||3,500 W|
|Running amps||19.2 amps|
|Peak amps||29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.8 x 16.4 x 19.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Compliance||EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100571 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1837 W||3337 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1835 W||2425 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.