Zoom on the Champion 100519
In summary, the Champion 100519 is a portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100519 is powered by a 301 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 5000W as well as a peak wattage of 6250W.
With a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 100519 can operate for up to 12.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.32 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The 100519 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 100519 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Champion 100519 has the following dimensions: L26.6 x W25.6 x H23.7 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 121 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Never less, thanks to a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The 100519 and its control panel include an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Champion 100519 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter and funnel are included.
The Champion 100519 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100519 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100519 compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 100519 weighs just 121 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 4500 to 5500 rated wattage generators. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56500, weighing just 119 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 69 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 12.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 100519 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen5500, boasting with up to 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.32 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Honda EU7000iS, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.28 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W generators, the Champion 100519 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Lightweight for its kind (121 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (69 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||301 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||6250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||41.7/20.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||12.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.6 x 23.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||69 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100519 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.