Zoom on the Champion 100519
In a nutshell, the Champion 100519 is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100519's build contains a gasoline-fueled 301 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 5000W and also a peak wattage of 6250W.
With a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 4 gallons allows the 100519 to operate for up to 12.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.32 GPH).
The 100519 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.As the 100519 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Champion 100519 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L26.6 x W25.6 x H23.7 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 121 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀8") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The control panel of the 100519 includes an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100519 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 100519 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100519 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100519 compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the Champion 100519 stands at only 121 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 4500-5500 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56500, weighing just 119 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 69 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU7000iS. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with 12.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 100519 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen5500, with 20 hours .
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.32 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Honda EU7000iS, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.28 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W generators, the Champion 100519 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Lightweight for its kind (121 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (69 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Champion 100519?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||301 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||6250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||41.7/20.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||12.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26.6 x 25.6 x 23.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||69 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100519 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.