Zoom on the Champion 100476
In summary, the Champion 100476 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100476 is powered by a 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2850W as well as a peak wattage of 3150W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLINK not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon allows the 100476 to operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The 100476 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), the Champion 100476, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
As the 100476's weight is only 80.9 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, a wheel kit (⌀5.5") and a folding handle allows you to effortlessly displace it once it's on the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Champion 100476 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter and funnel are included.
The Champion 100476 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100476 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100476 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Champion 100476 only weighs in at 80.9 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Honda EG2800i, weighing just 66.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 8 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, which is able to run for 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3200P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100476 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Champion 100476?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2850 W|
|Starting watts||3150 W|
|Running amps||23.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||26.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100476 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.