Zoom on the Champion 100433
In summary, the Champion 100433 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100433 houses a 224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3550W along with a peak wattage of 4450W.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the 100433 can be remotely started (key fob included).
The 100433 can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.4 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
Since the 100433 has a somewhat high THD (<20%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The Champion 100433 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L24.5 x W23.7 x H22 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 123.7 lbs. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀8") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The 100433's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against spikes in voltage.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100433 also comes with some accessories: funnel and key fob are included.
The Champion 100433 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100433 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100433 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- At a weight of 123.7 pounds, the Champion 100433 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 68 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Cummins Onan P4500i. With just 52 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The 100433's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 10 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 4375, as it provides around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.4 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 100433 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Decent weight (123.7 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3550 W|
|Starting watts||4450 W|
|Running amps||29.6 amps|
|Peak amps||37.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.5 x 23.7 x 22 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, key fob, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100433 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2822 W||3822 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2835 W||3425 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.