Zoom on the Champion 100331
In summary, the Champion 100331 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100331 houses a 224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3650W along with a peak wattage of 4500W.
With a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons, the 100331 can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
With its dimensions of L23.2 x W18.1 x H19.6 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 100331 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
The 99.2 lbs of the 100331's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its open frame design makes it incredibly easy to grab the frame in order to change its location.
To help you monitor the 100331's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100331 also comes with several accessories, including: oil and funnel.
The Champion 100331 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100331 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100331 compare to generators of similar power (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Champion 100331 only weighs in at 99.2 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 3500-4500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Energizer eZV4500, with a dry weight of only 78 lbs.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 68 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Westinghouse iGen4500, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 9 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EB4000, with 16 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator Standing at an estimated 0.38 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 3500-4500W generators, the Champion 100331 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (99.2 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Champion 100331?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3650 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps||30.4 amps|
|Peaks amps||37.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 18.1 x 19.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100331 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.