Zoom on the Champion 100307
In summary, the Champion 100307 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 100307 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3500W and a starting wattage of 4375W. If propane-powered, it gives 3150 rated watts and 3950 starting watts.
Enjoying a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), this generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Regarding its running time, the 100307, with a 3.4 gallons fuel capacity can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.38 GPH). When using propane, it can run for around 10.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.45 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 4 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The Champion 100307 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L23.2 x W19.1 x H20 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 104.9 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable).
The 100307's control center features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Champion also included a propane hose in the 100307's packaging.
The Champion 100307 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100307 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100307 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- At a weight of 104.9 pounds, the Champion 100307 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 3000-4000 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Generac GP3500iO, weighing just 74.3 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 68 dBA. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Westinghouse iGen4500, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 9 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000, as it provides 16 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.38 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Champion 100307 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- RV Ready
- Dual Fuel
- Decent weight (104.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Champion 100307?
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||224 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W||3150 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W||3950 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps||26.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||36.5 amps||32.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h||10.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 19.1 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100307 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.