Zoom on the Champion 100263
In a nutshell, the Champion 100263 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 100263 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3100W and a starting wattage of 3400W. If propane-powered, it gives 2790 rated watts and 3060 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator).
As for its running time, the 100263, along with its 1.6 gallon fuel capacity, can run for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for up to 14.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.32 GPH).
The 100263 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), the Champion 100263, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 95.7 lbs of the 100263's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its wheel kit (⌀5.5") and its folding handle.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100263 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter and propane hose are included.
The Champion 100263 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100263 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100263 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a weight of 95.7 pounds, the Champion 100263 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 59 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 7.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the 100263 falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, with up to 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100263 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- Decent weight (95.7 lbs)
- No data center
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W||2790 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W||3060 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||28.3 amps||25.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h||14.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose, dual port USB adapter and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100263 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1892 W||3392 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.