Zoom on the Champion 100263
In a nutshell, the Champion 100263 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The dual-fuel technology of the Champion 100263 allows for an output of 120V and provides superb power and versatility. If gasoline-powered, the device provides a running wattage of 3100W and a starting wattage of 3400W. If propane-powered, it gives 2790 rated watts and 3060 starting watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
As for its running time, the 100263, along with its 1.6 gallon fuel capacity, can run for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank filled with gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH). If propane is used, it can operate for up to 14.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.32 GPH).
The 100263 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Champion 100263's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 100263 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 95.7 lbs. In addition, with its wheel kit (⌀5.5") and its folding handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed the floor.
Several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100263 also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter and propane hose are included.
The Champion 100263 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100263 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100263 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With a dry weight of 95.7 pounds, the Champion 100263 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the 100263, with an autonomy of up to 7.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100263 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- Decent weight (95.7 lbs)
- No data center
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W||2790 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W||3060 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||28.3 amps||25.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h||14.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose, dual port USB adapter, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100263 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2392 W||3392 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2475 W||2895 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.