Zoom on the Champion 100263
In summary, the Champion 100263 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the Champion 100263 delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 3100W and a peak wattage of 3400W. When propane-powered, it has 2790 rated watts and 3060 peak watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The 100263, with a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 7.5 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 14.5 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.32 GPH) with propane.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the 100263 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
Since the Champion 100263 is an inverter generator, its closed design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The 95.7 lbs of the 100263's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and the oil level is too low.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100263 also is packed along with the following accessories: propane hose and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 100263 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100263 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100263 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With a dry weight of 95.7 pounds, the Champion 100263 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Generac GP3300i, with a dry weight of just 59.5 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 100263, reaching up to 7.5 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200954, with up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100263 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- Decent weight (95.7 lbs)
- No data center
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W||2790 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W||3060 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||28.3 amps||25.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h||14.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Propane hose, dual port USB adapter, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100263 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1892 W||3392 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.