Zoom on the Champion 100233
In a nutshell, the Champion 100233 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100233 houses a 192 cc Champion 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3100W along with a peak wattage of 3400W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (ParaLINK not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 100233 can operate for up to 7.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
The 100233 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
The Champion 100233's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 80.9 lbs, the 100233 can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of a wheel kit (⌀5.5") and a folding handle, once it is on the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
Apart from the typical documentation and a user manual, which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100233 also is packed along with the following accessories: dual port USB adapter and funnel.
The Champion 100233 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100233 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100233 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Champion 100233 has only 80.9 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Honda EG2800i, standing at just 66.6 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 59 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 100233, reaching 7.5 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EU3000iS, boasting with 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100233 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Champion 100233?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peaks amps||28.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100233 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.