Zoom on the Champion 100233
In summary, the Champion 100233 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100233 houses a 192 cc Champion 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3,100W along with a peak wattage of 3,400W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator).
The 100233 can operate for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 100233 generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Champion 100233 is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The 80.9 lbs of the 100233's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100233 also is packed along with the following accessories: dual port USB adapter and funnel.
The Champion 100233 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100233 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100233 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 80.9 lbs, the Champion 100233 belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, standing at just 46 lbs.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 59 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- The 100233's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 7.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Champion 100233 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Decent weight (80.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,100 W|
|Starting watts||3,400 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||28.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100233 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2397 W||3397 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.