Zoom on the Champion 100233
In a nutshell, the Champion 100233 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100233's core is the 192 cc Champion 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3100W and a peak wattage of 3400W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator).
With a full tank, the 100233 can operate for up to 7.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
The 100233 generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
As the Champion 100233 is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 100233's dry weight of 80.9 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Champion 100233's package also includes these accessories: dual port USB adapter and funnel.
The Champion 100233 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100233 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100233 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Champion 100233 only weighs in at 80.9 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM3300i, with a dry weight of just 47.4 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 59 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The 100233's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 7.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100233 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||28.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100233 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2397 W||3397 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.