Zoom on the Champion 100233
In a nutshell, the Champion 100233 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100233 is powered by a 192 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3,100W as well as a peak wattage of 3,400W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 100233 can operate for up to 7.5 hours (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
The 100233 produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), the Champion 100233, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 100233 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 80.9 lbs. In addition, with its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
The device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100233 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 100233 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100233 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100233 compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 80.9 pounds, the Champion 100233 falls in the expected weight range of the inverters in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, standing at just 46 lbs.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its type and power category, as it is rated at 59 dBA. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The 100233's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 7.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Champion 100233 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Decent weight (80.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,100 W|
|Starting watts||3,400 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||28.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100233 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2392 W||3392 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2475 W||2895 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.