Zoom on the Champion 100233
In a nutshell, the Champion 100233 is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100233's design includes a gasoline-fueled 192 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3100W and also a peak wattage of 3400W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (ParaLINK (opens in a new tab) not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 59 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The 100233 can operate for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the 100233 produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Since the Champion 100233 is an inverter generator, its closed design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 100233 can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 80.9 lbs. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
When the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100233 also comes with several accessories, including: dual port USB adapter and funnel.
The Champion 100233 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100233 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100233 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 100233 weighs just 80.9 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Generac GP3300i with only 59.5 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 59 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 7.5 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 100233 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 100233 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (80.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||192 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3100 W|
|Starting watts||3400 W|
|Running amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||28.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel and dual port USB adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100233 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2397 W||3397 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2470 W||3060 W|
|Total||2210 W||3310 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.