Zoom on the Champion 100219
In a nutshell, the Champion 100219 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100219's engine, 439 cc Champion 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 7500W and reaches a peak wattage of 9375W.
At a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 6.1 gallons allows the 100219 to operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.76 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
The Champion 100219 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27.7 x W27.3 x H26 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 219.1 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
To help you monitor the 100219's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
As for its security measures, the device features a Volt Guard™ overload protection and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Champion 100219 also comes with some accessories: funnel, oil and extension cord are included.
The Champion 100219 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100219 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100219 compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 219.1 pounds, the Champion 100219 is one of the heavier generators producing between 7000 and 8000 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Predator 8750, weighing just 183 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the WEN GN9500, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 64 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 8 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 100219 falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 9000, with around 13 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.76 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.55 GPH, the Predator 8750 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Champion 100219 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (219.1 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||439 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W|
|Starting watts||9375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 6.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.7 x 27.3 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and extension cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100219 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.