Zoom on the Champion 100219
In summary, the Champion 100219 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100219's engine, 439 cc Champion 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 7500W and reaches a peak wattage of 9375W.
At a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), this generator can be started via a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included), or a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The 100219 can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.76 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.1 gallons.
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
The design of the Champion 100219 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27.7 x W27.3 x H26 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 219.1 pounds. Never less, thanks to a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
To help you monitor the 100219's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 100219, the following accessories are also included: extension cord, oil and funnel.
The Champion 100219 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100219 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100219 compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- Considering its dry weight of 219.1 pounds, the Champion 100219 is one of the heavier generators producing between 7000 and 8000 running watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL with only 185 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 74 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Powermate DF7500E with only 68 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Firman H08053, which is able to run for 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.76 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse WGen7500, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.6 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Champion 100219 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (219.1 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Champion 100219?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||439 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Electric, Recoil|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W|
|Starting watts||9375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.7 x 27.3 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and extension cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100219 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.