Zoom on the Champion 100111
In a nutshell, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111's engine, 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 12000W and reaches a peak wattage of 15000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanism is based on a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons, the 100111 may run for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
The 100111 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the following 7 AC outlets:
Even though this Champion generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 100111 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Champion 100111 has the following dimensions: L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 329.6 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀12") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
Further safety during transport, loading and unloading of the device is provided by a lift hook, which is placed on the top of the generator's frame.
The 100111's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against spikes in voltage.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Champion 100111's package also includes these accessories: oil and funnel.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- As its dry weight is 329.6 pounds, the Champion 100111 is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 10000 to 14000 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 78 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI with only 69 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 9 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the 100111 falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, reaching around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1.21 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.78 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (329.6 lbs)
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9592 W||11092 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||9590 W||10180 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.