Zoom on the Champion 100111
In summary, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111's engine, 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 12000W and reaches a peak wattage of 15000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator gets running thanks to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons, the 100111 may run for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
The 100111 is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
Even though this Champion generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 100111 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The design of the Champion 100111 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 329.6 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀12") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Further safety during transport, loading and unloading of the device is provided by a lift hook, which is placed on the top of the generator's frame.
The 100111's control center features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and a Volt Guard™ overload protection, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100111 also is packed along with the following accessories: funnel and oil.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 329.6 lbs, the Champion 100111 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 10000 to 14000 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 78 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 69 dBA.
- The 100111's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, reaching around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 1.21 GPH. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.78 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (329.6 lbs)
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9592 W||11092 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||9590 W||10180 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.