Zoom on the Champion 100111
In a nutshell, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111's core is the 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 12000W and a peak wattage of 15000W.
With a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons, the 100111 can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
This Champion generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as the 100111 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Champion 100111 has the following dimensions: L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 329.6 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀12") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
In addition, the device is equipped with a lift hook on the top of its frame, which provides extra safety during the loading, unloading and transport of the generator.
The 100111's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
Security-wise, this product benefits from a Volt Guard™ overload protection and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100111 also comes with some accessories: funnel and oil are included.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- As its weight is 329.6 pounds, the Champion 100111 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 10000-14000 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 78 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 69 dBA.
- The 100111’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 9 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, boasting with around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 1.21 GPH. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (329.6 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (78 dBA)
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9587 W||11062 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||9590 W||10180 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.