Zoom on the Champion 100111
In summary, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111's engine, 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 12000W and reaches a peak wattage of 15000W.
With a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), the generator features a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons, the 100111 can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
The quite high THD (<20%) of the 100111 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
While this Champion generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 100111 is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The dimensions of the Champion 100111, which are L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 329.6 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀12") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The 100111's control center features an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100111 also comes with several accessories, including: funnel and oil.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- With its weight of 329.6 lbs, the Champion 100111 is one of the heavier generators in the 10000-14000 rated wattage category. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, weighing just 218 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, whose lowest noise levels reach just 69 dBA.
- The 100111, offering a run time of around 9 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, as it provides around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 1.21 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent run time
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (329.6 lbs)
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9592 W||11092 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.