Zoom on the Champion 100111
In a nutshell, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111 houses a 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 12000W along with a peak wattage of 15000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons allows the 100111 to operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
This Champion generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, because the 100111 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
With its dimensions of L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Champion 100111 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 329.6 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀12") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
Further safety during transport, loading and unloading of the device is provided by a lift hook, which is placed on the top of the generator's frame.
To help you monitor the 100111's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
As for its security measures, the device features a Volt Guard™ overload protection and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 100111 also comes with several accessories, including: funnel and oil.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 17500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 329.6 lbs, the Champion 100111 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 10000 and 17500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of only 218 lbs.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 78 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 69 dBA.
- Offering around 9 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the 100111 is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP12000 E, as it provides around 11.7 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1.21 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 10000-17500W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Decent weight (329.6 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (78 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.