Zoom on the Champion 100111
In summary, the Champion 100111 is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100111's engine, 717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 12,000W and reaches a peak wattage of 15,000W.
At a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a shower), the generator is started via a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 10.9 gallons allows the 100111 to operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.21 GPH).
As the 100111 has a high THD (<20%), it is not recommended to use it to power sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel features the upcoming 7 AC outlets:
Even though this Champion generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as the 100111 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Champion 100111 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L33.9 x W31.1 x H33.1 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 329.6 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀12") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
In addition, the device is equipped with a lift hook on the top of its frame, which provides extra safety during the loading, unloading and transport of the generator.
The 100111's control center features an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100111 also comes with some accessories: funnel and oil are included. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Champion 100111 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 100111 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100111 compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- As its dry weight is 329.6 pounds, the Champion 100111 is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 10000 to 14000 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, standing at just 218 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the DuroMax XP16000iH. With just 67 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Given that the 100111 reaches an autonomy of around 9 hours with a full tank and at 50% load, it is placed within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1.21 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.78 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the Champion 100111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- 4 different AC outlet types
- Electric start
- Decent run time
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (329.6 lbs)
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||717 cc Champion 4-stroke V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||12,000 W|
|Starting watts||15,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 10.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||33.9 x 31.1 x 33.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9592 W||11092 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.