No CO sensor
CO sensor + Fuel gauge
Zoom on the Champion 100110
In a nutshell, the Champion 100110 is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Small homeowners in search of a full power backup solution
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100110's engine, 459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 9,200W and reaches a peak wattage of 11,500W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 7.7 gallons, the 100110 may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.77 GPH).
The quite high THD (<20%) of the 100110 makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, because the 100110 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The design of the Champion 100110 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27.7 x W27.6 x H26.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 213 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The 100110 and its control panel include an Intelligauge meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100110 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and funnel.
The Champion 100110 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Champion 100110 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100110 compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Champion 100110 stands at only 213 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 8500-9500 rated wattage category If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PG12000B, with a dry weight of just 205 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the A-iPower SUA12000ED. With just 69 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As the 100110 offers around 10 hours run time on a full tank at a 50% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the generators of a similar power. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen9500DF, reaching around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.77 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse WGen9500DF, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.55 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Champion 100110 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (213 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||9,200 W|
|Starting watts||11,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||76.7/38.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||95.8/47.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.7 x 27.6 x 26.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100110 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||7342 W||8817 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||7330 W||7750 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||6870 W||11370 W|
Why do you consider this generator not RV ready? (Asked June 01, 2020)
Simply because it does not have a TT-30R outlet. You can read our definition of RV-Ready.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.