Zoom on the Champion 100110
In summary, the Champion 100110 is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Homeowners who wish to power almost all appliances in their house under any circumstances
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100110's core is the 459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 9200W and a peak wattage of 11500W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher).
With a fuel capacity of 7.7 gallons, the 100110 may run for around 10 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.77 GPH).
Since the 100110 has a somewhat high THD (<20%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
As the 100110 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The Champion 100110 has the following dimensions: L27.7 x W27.6 x H26.6 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 213 lbs. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The 100110's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with a Volt Guard™ overload protection and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 100110 also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and funnel.
The Champion 100110 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100110 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100110 compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 100110 weighs just 213 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 8500 to 9500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Rainier R12000DF with only 196 pounds.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 74 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the A-iPower SUA12000ED with only 69 dBA.
- The 100110, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 10 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Pulsar PG12000B, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.77 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Rainier R12000DF. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Champion 100110 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (213 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||9200 W|
|Starting watts||11500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||76.7/38.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||95.8/47.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.7 x 27.6 x 26.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100110 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||7342 W||8842 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||7340 W||7930 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||6870 W||11370 W|
Why do you consider this generator not RV ready? (Asked June 01, 2020)
Simply because it does not have a TT-30R outlet. You can read our definition of RV-Ready.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.