No CO sensor
CO sensor + Fuel gauge
Zoom on the Champion 100110
In summary, the Champion 100110 is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 100110's engine, 459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 9,200W and reaches a peak wattage of 11,500W.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the 100110 can operate for around 10 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.77 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 7.7 gallons.
The powering of sensitive electronic devices with the 100110 is not recommended due to its high THD (<20%).
The control panel provides the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this Champion unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the 100110 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The design of the Champion 100110 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27.7 x W27.6 x H26.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 213 pounds. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the 100110 includes an Intelligauge meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind. Champion's built-in surge protector (Volt Guard™) safeguards your equipment and appliances against voltage spikes.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 100110 also comes with some accessories: funnel and oil are included.
The Champion 100110 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 100110 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 100110 compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- As for its weight, the Champion 100110 weighs only 213 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 8500-9500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Rainier R12000DF with only 196 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Genmax GM10500iETC, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 64 dBA.
- With a run time of around 10 hours at 50% load, the 100110 has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar G12KBN, reaching around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.77 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Rainier R12000DF. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the Champion 100110 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (213 lbs)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||9,200 W|
|Starting watts||11,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||76.7/38.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||95.8/47.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||10 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.7 x 27.6 x 26.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil, overload and Volt Guard™ surge protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 100110 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||7342 W||8817 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||7330 W||7750 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||6870 W||11370 W|
Why do you consider this generator not RV ready? (Asked June 01, 2020)
Simply because it does not have a TT-30R outlet. You can read our definition of RV-Ready.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.