Zoom on the Champion 75537i
In a nutshell, the Champion 75537i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75537i is powered by a 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2800W as well as a peak wattage of 3100W.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the 75537i can be remotely started (key fob included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the 75537i can operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
As the 75537i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Champion 75537i's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The 75537i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 96.6 lbs. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
The light indicators show you if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the Champion 75537i also comes with some accessories: key fob, dual port USB adapter, funnel and tool kit are included.
The Champion 75537i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 75537i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75537i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a weight of 96.6 pounds, the Champion 75537i places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Generac GP3300i, standing at just 59.5 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 75537i, reaching up to 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200954, with up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 75537i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (96.6 lbs)
- No data center
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, dual port USB adapter, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75537i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.