Zoom on the Champion 75537i
In summary, the Champion 75537i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75537i's engine, 171 cc Champion 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 2800W and reaches a peak wattage of 3100W.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the 75537i can be remotely started (key fob included).
With a full tank, the 75537i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the 75537i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the Champion 75537i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 96.6 lbs, the 75537i can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. In addition, with its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed on the floor.
The light indicators show you if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 75537i also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, key fob, tool kit and dual port USB adapter.
The Champion 75537i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Champion 75537i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75537i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- At a weight of 96.6 pounds, the Champion 75537i places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Generac GP3300i, standing at just 59.5 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 75537i, reaching up to 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200954, with up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3500P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 75537i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (96.6 lbs)
- No data center
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, dual port USB adapter, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75537i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.