-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 46
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Champion 100233, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Champion 75537i
In summary, the Champion 75537i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75537i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2,800W and also a peak wattage of 3,100W.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included). To add further convenience, the 75537i can be remotely started (key fob included).
The 75537i can operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
As the 75537i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease. Since a dual port USB adapter is included with the unit, you will also be able to use the DC receptacle to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L25.1 x W17.3 x H18.3 in), the Champion 75537i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
As the 75537i's weight is only 96.6 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
When its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Champion 75537i also comes with several accessories, including: dual port USB adapter, funnel, tool kit and key fob.
The Champion 75537i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 75537i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75537i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- With a dry weight of 96.6 pounds, the Champion 75537i finds itself in the expected weight range for inverter generators able to produce between 2500 and 3500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 8 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 75537i is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200954, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV3500P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.13 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Remote start
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (96.6 lbs)
- No data center
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric, Remote|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,800 W|
|Starting watts||3,100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, key fob, dual port USB adapter, and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75537i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|