Zoom on the Champion 75531i
In summary, the Champion 75531i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75531i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2800W and also a peak wattage of 3100W.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon allows the 75531i to operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The 75531i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Champion generator is RV Ready.
Since the Champion 75531i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the 75531i's weight is only 83.8 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Champion 75531i's package also includes these accessories: battery charging cables, tool kit and funnel.
The Champion 75531i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 75531i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75531i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the Champion 75531i weighs just 83.8 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 2500 to 3500 rated wattage generators. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 58 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- The 75531i's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 8 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200914, which is able to run for up to 22 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 75531i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (83.8 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75531i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||1595 W||3095 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.