Zoom on the Champion 75531i
In a nutshell, the Champion 75531i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75531i is powered by a 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2,800W as well as a peak wattage of 3,100W.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 75531i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
As the 75531i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the Champion 75531i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the 75531i's weight is only 83.8 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 75531i, the following accessories are also included: funnel, tool kit and battery charging cables.
The Champion 75531i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Champion 75531i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75531i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 83.8 lbs, the Champion 75531i belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 58 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 8 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 75531i is on the low end when compared to other inverter generators of a similar power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 200914, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the Champion 75531i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent weight (83.8 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2,800 W|
|Starting watts||3,100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75531i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.