Zoom on the Champion 75531i
In a nutshell, the Champion 75531i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75531i is powered by a 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2800W as well as a peak wattage of 3100W.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon allows the 75531i to operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the 75531i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
As the Champion 75531i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
With a dry weight of 83.8 lbs, the 75531i can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Moreover, its wheel kit (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
When the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Champion 75531i, the following accessories are also included: funnel, tool kit and battery charging cables.
The Champion 75531i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Champion 75531i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75531i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Champion 75531i stands at only 83.8 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 58 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 75531i, reaching up to 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EU3000iS, boasting with up to 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.2 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Energizer eZV3200P, with a fuel consumption of 0.13 GPH could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 75531i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (83.8 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75531i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2230 W||2650 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.