Zoom on the Champion 75531i
In a nutshell, the Champion 75531i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The Champion 75531i is powered by a 171 cc Champion 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2800W as well as a peak wattage of 3100W.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the 75531i can operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.2 GPH).
The 75531i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
Since the Champion 75531i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L22.4 x W17.3 x H18.3 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The 75531i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 83.8 lbs. Moreover, its set of 2 wheels (⌀5.5") and its folding handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the Champion 75531i also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, funnel and battery charging cables.
The Champion 75531i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Champion 75531i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Champion 75531i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Champion 75531i only weighs in at 83.8 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Generac GP3300i with only 59.5 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU3000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 8 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the 75531i is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Champion 200954, as it provides up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.2 GPH at a 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3500P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Champion 75531i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV Ready
- Lightweight for its kind (83.8 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No parallel ports
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||171 cc Champion 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2800 W|
|Starting watts||3100 W|
|Running amps||23.3 amps|
|Peak amps||25.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.4 x 17.3 x 18.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Funnel, tool kit, and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Founded in 2003, the Champion Power Equipment is a US based power equipment manufacturer. The relatively small company has made a name for itself both in the portable generator industry, but also the power equipment sector in general, with a particular focus on heavy duty equipment, such as log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc. All of their products are engineered in the US. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components.
The Champion 75531i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Champion generators, please consult Champion's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2092 W||3092 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2235 W||2825 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1980 W||3080 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.