This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Cat RP7500 E
In summary, the Cat RP7500 E is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The Cat RP7500 E's engine, 420 cc OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 7,500W and reaches a peak wattage of 9,375W.
This generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the RP7500 E can operate for around 11 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.72 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 7.9 gallons.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
This Cat generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the RP7500 E is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The Cat RP7500 E has the following dimensions: L32.9 x W27.4 x H24.7 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 207 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the RP7500 E includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the Cat RP7500 E's package also includes these accessories: oil, tool kit and funnel. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Cat RP7500 E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Cat RP7500 E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Cat RP7500 E compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- At a weight of 207 pounds, the Cat RP7500 E places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 7000-8000 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF with only 133 pounds.
- As the RP7500 E features an autonomy of around 11 hours at 50% load, it has a higher run time than an average generator of its power range. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 9000, with around 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.72 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- High run time
- Decent weight (207 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7,500 W|
|Starting watts||9,375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Metal, 7.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||32.9 x 27.4 x 24.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unknown|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||502-3690|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Caterpillar Inc., often abbreviated as simply CAT, is an American engineering corporation, whose product range includes machinery, engines, financial products, mobile phones and of course, power generators. The company, founded in 1925, is one of the backbones of the US Dow Jones index and is placed among the Fortune 500 list. While CAT mainly focuses on industrial scale generators, it also provides a wide range of portable and household-scaled devices. CAT portable generators were engineered and designed in Mossville, Illinois, and Belfast, Northern Ireland. However, their production was outsourced to China.
The Cat RP7500 E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Cat generators, please consult Cat's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-PWR-ME-UP (844-797-6387).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5992 W||7492 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5995 W||6585 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4800 W||9300 W|
What is a p 50 fault code (Asked November 02, 2021)
P50 displays after every 50 hours of use to remind user to change engine oil and check spark arrestor.