Get this unit while stocks last, because Caterpillar discontinued its production.
Zoom on the Cat RP7500 E
In a nutshell, the Cat RP7500 E is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Cat RP7500 E is powered by a 420 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 7500W as well as a peak wattage of 9375W.
This generator can be started via a conventional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 7.9 gallons allows the RP7500 E to operate for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.72 GPH).
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
Even if this Cat generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as the RP7500 E holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The design of the Cat RP7500 E is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L32.9 x W27.4 x H24.7 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 207 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The RP7500 E's control center features a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours to aid you with the monitoring of its status and activity. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the Cat RP7500 E also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, funnel and oil. An official storage cover is also available, as a separate purchase.
The Cat RP7500 E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Cat RP7500 E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Cat RP7500 E compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 207 lbs, the Cat RP7500 E belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 7000 and 8000 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, with a dry weight of only 133 lbs.
- Since the RP7500 E boasts with a run time of around 11 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 9000, as it provides around 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.72 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the A-iPower SUA8000iSF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.52 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- High run time
- Decent weight (207 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W|
|Starting watts||9375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Metal, 7.9 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||32.9 x 27.4 x 24.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unknown|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
|Other model numbers||502-3690|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Caterpillar Inc., often abbreviated as simply CAT, is an American engineering corporation, whose product range includes machinery, engines, financial products, mobile phones and of course, power generators. The company, founded in 1925, is one of the backbones of the US Dow Jones index and is placed among the Fortune 500 list. While CAT mainly focuses on industrial scale generators, it also provides a wide range of portable and household-scaled devices. CAT portable generators are engineered and designed in Mossville, Illinois, and Belfast, Northern Ireland. However, their production is outsourced to China.
The Cat RP7500 E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Cat generators, please consult Cat's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-PWR-ME-UP (844-797-6387).
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5992 W||7492 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||5995 W||6585 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||4800 W||9300 W|
What is a p 50 fault code (Asked November 02, 2021)
P50 displays after every 50 hours of use to remind user to change engine oil and check spark arrestor.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.