Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30681
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 30681 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30681 is powered by a 342 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 5000W as well as a peak wattage of 6250W.
This generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 7 gallons allows the 30681 to operate for around 12.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.56 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
The Briggs & Stratton 30681 has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L29 x W25 x H27 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 171 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀10") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Briggs & Stratton 30681 is packaged with the standard documentation and a user manual, helping you start the device right away.
The Briggs & Stratton 30681 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30681 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30681 compare to generators of similar power (between 4500 and 5500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 171 lbs, the Briggs & Stratton 30681 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 4500 to 5500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56500 with only 119 pounds.
- Since the 30681 boasts with a run time of 12.5 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Cat RP5500, as it provides 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.56 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.44 GPH, the Westinghouse WGen5500 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 4500-5500W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30681 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- High run time
- Decent weight (171 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Where to buy the Briggs & Stratton 30681?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||342 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||5000 W|
|Starting watts||6250 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||41.7/20.8 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||52.1/26 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Fuel tank||Metal, 7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||29 x 25 x 27 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30681 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.