Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30676
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is powered by a 208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3500W as well as a peak wattage of 4375W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The 30676 can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.5 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Briggs & Stratton generator is RV Ready.
The dimensions of the Briggs & Stratton 30676, which are L26 x W22 x H23 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 111 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit (⌀7") and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included some oil in the 30676's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30676 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As its weight is 111 pounds, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 3000-4000 rated wattage category. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Generac GP3500iO, with a dry weight of just 74.3 pounds.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Honda EB4000, with 16 hours .
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.5 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.17 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen4200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (111 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Briggs & Stratton 30676?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|Fuel tank||Metal, 4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 22 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.