Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30676
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30676's design includes a gasoline-fueled 208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 3500W and also a peak wattage of 4375W.
This generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 30676 can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.5 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
With its TT-30R receptacle (TT as in 'Travel Trailer'), this Briggs & Stratton generator is RV Ready.
With its dimensions of L26 x W22 x H23 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Briggs & Stratton 30676 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 111 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀7") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included some oil in the 30676's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30676 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- As its weight is 111 pounds, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 3000-4000 rated wattage category. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN GN400i, standing at just 66.1 lbs.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 8 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the 30676 is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EB4000X, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.5 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (111 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Metal, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 22 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2767 W||3767 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.