This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30676
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 houses a 208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3500W along with a peak wattage of 4375W.
This generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the 30676 can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.5 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
This Briggs & Stratton generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 has the following dimensions: L26 x W22 x H23 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 111 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀7") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included some oil in the 30676's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30676 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 111 lbs, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 3000 to 4000 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM3300i, standing at just 47.4 lbs.
- The 30676's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Predator 4375, which is able to run for around 16 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.5 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (111 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peak amps||36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Metal, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 22 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unknown|
|Accessories included||Oil and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2767 W||3767 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.