Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30676
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is powered by a 208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3500W as well as a peak wattage of 4375W.
This generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the 30676 can operate for around 8 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.5 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer'), this Briggs & Stratton generator is RV Ready.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 has the following dimensions: L26 x W22 x H23 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 111 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (⌀7") and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included some oil in the 30676's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30676 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- Having a dry weight of 111 lbs, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 3000 to 4000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN GN400i with only 66.1 pounds.
- The 30676’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EB4000, boasting with around 16 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.5 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen4200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.17 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30676 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- RV Ready
- Decent weight (111 lbs)
- No data center
- No electric start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton PowerBuilt™ OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4375 W|
|Running amps||29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps||36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|Fuel tank||Metal, 4 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||26 x 22 x 23 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30676 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.