Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite's core is the 420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 8000W and a peak wattage of 10000W.
This generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The 30664 Elite can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.83 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons.
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
The design of the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L34.8 x W22.3 x H26 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 224 pounds. However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by a wheel kit (⌀12") and a folding handle, with which you can conveniently displace it, once it's on the ground.
One of the many 30664 Elite's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite also comes with some accessories: oil and battery charger are included.
The Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- At a dry weight of 224 pounds, the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 7500 and 8500 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, with a dry weight of just 185 pounds.
- As for its autonomy, the 30664 Elite, with an autonomy of 9 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman H08053, with 12 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.83 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse WPro8500. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- No remote start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the heavy side (224 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||8000 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||7.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||34.8 x 22.3 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and battery charger|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30664 Elite is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.